Howto: Xiaomi vacuum zoned cleaning

I have got the same Problem (and the same setup). I used to be able to use FloleVac, but I remember when they changed the Server settings (I cant Select Europe anymore but habe to Select Germany) it stopped working for me.

Too bad, I really wanted to use FloleVac. Let’s hope the developer finds a solution.

Similar issues - zoned cleanup service call works from home assistant, zone correctly drawn in the Xiaomi app, vacuum begins cleaning, then immediately says “finished zoned cleanup, returning to base, some unreached zones are not clean”. Can’t figure out why. :frowning:

EDIT: Interesting - I just tested a zoned cleanup from the Xiaomi app and it produces the same result! Now I have no idea where to go.

EDIT: Fixed - to solve this I just had to press “Start Clean” once (the full-auto clean) in the Xiaomi app. It started cleaning, I stopped it, and since then all the zoned cleanups are working again.

Hello everyone,

I made a graphical tool for quickly generating the coordinates if you have the PPM navmap. It will probably also work if you have a screencap of your map from the Mi Home app, but I haven’t tried that.

I didn’t want to use flole or valetudo and I figured there ought to be a simple way to generate them in a GUI.

xiaomi_navmap_example

check it out and let me know if it’s helpful to you.

Cheers,
neon

1 Like

I’m using Valetudo and in there making zones that I than call from HA + Node red via mqtt. It’s perfect and makes so I never need to get and type in all those coordinates values.
But one thing I haven’t got working is repeat cleaning zone. I have this setup in node red now.

Domain: vacuum
Service: send_command

{
    "command": "zoned_cleanup",
    "params": {
        "zone_ids": [
            "kitchen"
        ]
    }
}

Just got me an S6 today but FloleVac does not seems to work with this device.
Any idea how to get the cordinates for S6?

the old-fashioned way, screenshot your xiaomi-app screen with your vacuum sitting at the base, use home assistant to send it to specific coordinates, screenshot again. Then create a coordinate grid on top of your screencaps using your known spots (I used photoshop for this) and then read off all the other coordinates from your grid.

Ok thank you, yes I already find some corner corodinates and will try to make the grid. I have photoshop but low knowledge with it. Is it possible to make the grid automatic in photoshop?

You could create a pattern, create a new layer, use that pattern on it and then move the new layer with the pattern to wherever you need it. You can also scale it so it is exactly as big as you need it.
Maybe this helps for creating a grid pattern.

Interesting, thank you very much.

Guys, I am newbie and lost quite few hours.
When i call service in developer with:

entity_id: vacuum.xiaomi_vacuum_cleaner
zone: [[24184,24292,29084,27942],[21922,25520,25272,27870]]
repeats: 1

it works. But I am not abe to make it as a button on home page by script. Can you help me please?

Using zone cleaning successfully. Using zones in automations and scripts. Just wondering, is it possible to define zone as constant in one file and use it with its name in other files?

I know we can define entries in secret file. But it is not purpose of secret file.

Thanks.

Found a much better way for my S6 to use real room cleaning instead of zon cleaning.
No need for cordinates:) The number in params match a room in the app.
In my case
19 = Hallway
18 = Living room
17 = Bedroom
16 = Kitchen

vacuum.send_command
command: app_segment_clean
params:
3 Likes

@Lipown

Try adding this as a script (untested but think it’s correct), then you can add that script into lovelace via the GUI

vacuum_somewhere:
    alias: "Vacuum Somewhere"
    sequence:
      - service: vacuum.send_command
        data:
          command: app_zoned_clean
          params: [[24184,24292,29084,27942],[21922,25520,25272,27870]]

Ok, but how do I create the PPM navmap or a screencap of the map?

Check the “script/switch to clean certain areas” part of the first post.

I use the HA “call service” node and it does not work. Can you elaborate on what node you use?

@antonholmstedt and @ciB : FloleVac just started working for me!

1 Like

You did not change anything? For me it still is not able to establish a connection to Ka vaccum.

Nope. Server Europe in settings like previously.