Howto: Xiaomi vacuum zoned cleaning

@bachoo786 you need go to https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/3ovg62x43bjgvc5/xiao5.png?dl=0 and click “SERVER” and choose CHINA MAINLAND after that you will see https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nzntpgcr1zgh2ev/xiao7.png?dl=0

I done that @Rodolfo_Vieira I think they have blocked the app to have any access to a user account information. I deleted the app and retried it as well but no joy.

it is very strange, i use the app and i haven´t any issue.

I know right it is strange I have been using it fine for a couple of days now.

So i got it working again. Basically you need (Android) to be connected to the same wifi network as the Xiaomi.

1 Like

Hello. Here is written that for zone cleaning on Xiaomi Mi robot (1st gen) I have to run latest Mi Home App version 5.x. But I have an iPhone and here is recent version 4.7.9. Is this ok or zone cleaning isn’t possible on iPhone? Thanks for answer.

1 Like

To be honest, I just used the app in my local wifi to get the coordinates for HA, for all other things I still use the original Xiaomi app. I just tried it outside my wifi and it won’t connect, so unfortunately I’m not able to help you here :slightly_frowning_face:

I have no iPhone to test this, but why don’t you see if you can update the firmware and report back to us? I think it should work with older/iPhone version too.

Anyone gotten to specify the robot to do mopping (the app does in cleanup mode settings)? Or does it mop anyway?

I think the mopping settings in the app just disables the suction from the vacuum (or at least sets it to a minimum). Mopping itself is uneffected whether “mopping” is selected or not.

Hey guys thanks for the feedback regarding this vacuum.
I am still running into issues where the map would reset and screw up my coordinates.
I have a fairly large space, so doing a full scan everytime is a pain

Did anyone managed to get around the map reset thing?
Also when the map resets (but does not rotate) it gets the zone cleaning square fine, but since its target destination is “unmapped” (meaning its in a non discovered area).
The vacuum would just stay in circle and return to dock

The map reset for me only took place when I issued a new cleaning process either by pressing the button on the vacuum, activating it via the HA front end or from within the app. As long as I only use zoned cleaning the map won’t be reset. So even if I want to clean the entire apartment I use a zone (or multiple zones) for that.

1 Like

It doesn’t work for me, any idea?

Is your android connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Xiaomi vacuum?

Yes, i have android phone connected to the same wifi as the vacuum robot

Does anyone know if the app will be working again, recommended by @Venom

The FLOLEVAC app ?
I tried to use is, as i have big problems to get the correct coordinates

I read somewhere else, that xiaomi does not allow 3rd party access anymore.
But i do not know if this is true etc.

2 Likes

Mine is working fine I only had issues when my vacuum was connected on a different network to my phone

To be honest… this could be i have two WiFi at home because of range extending… maybe this could be the reason.
Will try it tonight while i make sure i am in the same wifi

Thanks for the info

2 Likes

To be in the same network did the trick.
Thanks for it.

Did someone configured it with Alexa ?
I tried via node red - kind of works fine but I am struggling with naming.

Alexa - Clean Kitchen does not work, as Alexa das not work with two words I guess.
How di you managed it ?
What would you suggest ?

I’m not sure how the node-red-alexa-skill works, but IFTTT should work fine. You can then handle the IFTTT webhooks either via HA scripts (as in the given examples) or node-red