Hoymiles HMS-XXXW-2T

Makes totally sense, as the inverter efficiency is round about 95 - 98%

Hi

„ v0.0.6

Latest

Power limits

• This update introduces setting the power limit of the inverter directly via the Home Assistant device page.
  • Please be careful when using this functionality!“

Careful: Can u tell me why ?

Depending on the country you live in, there might be limits on how much power your inverter may deliver.
If you set it to 100% (800W for the 800W-T2) it might exceed this limit.

Ah okay. I thought that maybe the chip could break due to too many flash operations.
If it’s only this limit, it’s not so tragic :slight_smile:

Sorry in advance for asking some basic question but i have no idea how to set up the integration.

What is excatcly the “key common config flow data host”? What i need to fill in this field?

Btw…also i am not able to see my plant in the hoymiles s cloud. Only values i can see is, when i connect directly via the app to the wifi of the plant.

The key you mentioned is a bug which was introduced when preparing the integration for merge to home assistant core.
It is supposed to read „Host“ i.e. IP address or dns name.

For the s miles cloud you need to register the inverter with your account and maybe also update the firmware, see the comments above.
The home assistant integration should work without that account.

Edit: Hostname key should be fixed with v0.1.1

Hi floerke,

you might need to update the firmware first. I posted some link above to a guide to accomplish that.

After the update you are able to connect to the cloud. I had the same issue and was able to fix it following this.
After successfully connecting to the cloud you can check in your router the IP of the HMS. You may want to ensure that this IP is not changing via settings in the router.
This IP is now used for the integration to discover the HMS in HA.

@BenjiBizz apparently your suspicions were right. Please do not use the power-limit functionality for zero-feed-in.
See:

1 Like

Hi, I’m looking at the ‘Hoymiles HMS-1600-4T’, but are confused about the mentioning of the ‘W’ series in this topic. How do you know if the offered set is a ‘W’ serie or not?
At the blinkypart website I don’t see any mentioning of a ‘W’ serie. There is a separate OpenDTU hardware for ‘NRF’ serie though…

Also it looks like the OpenDTU kit won’t be available anymore at Blinkypart website…

hi, could you tell me more about using the DTU with Modbus?
Thanks in advance

The HMS-XXXXW does not seem to expose any modbus capabilities.
It only seems possible with some of the official DTUs.

Of course one could create a library to convert from protobuf to modbus.

Jumping in here as one set I’m looking at currently (https://kleineskraftwerk.de/products/kleines-kraftwerk-ziegeldach-duo - not really cheap but kind of a “all you need” package) comes with a Hoymiles HMS-800W-2T.

I want to use the data completely local to visualize it in HA’s energy dashboard; I don’t see any advantage of pushing that data to any cloud (instead of comparison reasons for the first couple of days) and grabbing it back from the cloud to HA.

It seems…

…are the current “best” options to go for this. Is this right or did I miss something in this topic?

Jup, the HACS integration GitHub - suaveolent/ha-hoymiles-wifi: Home Assistant custom component for Hoymiles DTUs and the HMS-XXXXW-2T microinverters is the best option.
You get two devices (DTU and Inverter), and you get a daily summation of the Energy from the DTU, and all the rest from the Inverter.

(Its currently dark here)

So what’s the general advantage of e. g. that integration over using just a simple Smart Plug giving me the current output (energy + power)?

And why are a few entities unavailable in your screenshots - is the integration reliable? Any major (stability or functional) issues?

Whatever floats your boat. If you just want to measure the power, a smart plug works. It’s just an additional thing to get, configure and keep healthy for information that is already available.
Energy is continuous summation of power, if your smart plug does this, fine. If not, some extra work is necessary.

If you are asking about the second on/off/restart switches: No idea.
If you are asking about the sensor values: It’s dark, the inverter is off. (The inverter is powered by the solar panel, not the 230V power plug.)
Reliable: Have it for a couple weeks, found no instability. WIFI reception may be an issued, depending on the situation.

Well a Shelly Plug S is rock solid so it’s a „safe bet“ for me compared to the (initial) issues of integrating the HM this topic is about.

When it comes to sensors I don’t see anything interesting in your screenshots (perhaps temperature, if relevant at all). Maybe the control entities for both devices.

For me stability is the ultimate criteria here. If the entities would render unavailable regularly (because of the integration or the hardware itself, not because of WiFi issues), I‘d tend to use the smart plug.

But your feedback sounds good, maybe just give the integration a try and keep the smart plug in the drawer.

hello, i think about the same because on hoymiles site, there is nowhere mention of “W”.

and i found this site in Germany : HO HMS-800W-2T Microinverter, Hoymiles HMS-800W-2T, WLAN

so its the HMS-800-2T with Wlan capability : HMS-800W-2T
https://www.reichelt.com/de/en/microinverter-hoymiles-hms-800w-2t-wlan-ho-hms-800w-2t-p366467.html

strange thing i cant found any manual for the “W” version on the web site of hoymiles.

EDIT : speak too fast lol : https://www.hoymiles.com/?smd_process_download=1&download_id=86460