Hoymiles - S-miles cloud integration

Hello,

I want to share integration of Hoymiles - S-miles cloud with Home Assistant. To be honest this is not fully my project, but during last days I rewrite it to reach also own needs. In my case I have DTU-Pro which is not accessible so to get data I have to use unofficial API. I asked Hoymiles if they could share some doc but it is paid and not for customers. Here are some print screens:

Here is instruction and location of addon: https://github.com/dmslabsbr/hoymiles

Whats new:

• reduced usage of CPU and RAM
  • removed warnings which appears in logs.

What’s planned:

• alarms of inverters
  • read power per each panel
  • enable server and improve displayed data
2 Likes

In the Addon documentation it says that it can run without using Home Assistant, could you help me how to do this? I would like to run only in Node-red and get the information with the MQTT Node

Hi, is it possible to integrate the smart meter’s data (ddsu666) into the addon? My project is to switch on the air conditioner only if there is energy surplus generated by the solar panels.

1 Like

This is nice addon, but seems like it stops working every now and then. I notice it when I look at my energy panel in Home Assistant and there is no solar production anymore (even when I have sold extra power to grid). When I stop the addon and then start it again, the next time full hour comes (and energy panel updates), I get a huge spike (all produced solar data since the addon stopped working, up until that point when I got it working again). Earlier it was crasing a couple of times per month, now it crashed yesterday and now today again.

HI Cosik.

I am basic user and I would like to use the Add-on.
The message is 502 bad gateway. is it a error by my side or s-miles change something.
Thanks in advantage.

same here! Dont know how to fix it

And there are 2 addons.

Shall we use the “Edge” or the “normal”

this has been unstable for me too, altho i fixed IP in home router and DTU settings(installer access needed)

alternatively been using this and has been stable GitHub - ArekKubacki/Hoymiles-Plant-DTU-Pro: Hoymiles-Plant-DTU-Pro via Modbus TCP
offers few lesser params tho.

also ordered this to try it out: OpenDTU CMT - Your evaluation for your balcony solar system compatible to Hoymiles HMS and HMT series (CMT module)
other link for HM series: OpenDTU NRF - Your evaluation for your balcony solar system compatible with Hoymiles HM series (NRF module)

Hi Cosik,

Do you have the installer credentials? I am looking to “switch off” the microinverters automatically. Which is possible once you log in with installers account in the s-miles cloud. But just checking whether you looked into that part?
I have a dynamic energy contract, so once it’s too much negative, it would be beneficial to switch off the solar panels. This is actually the only thing I am missing in this add-on. For the rest al creds to good work! Love the add-on!

for some days im receiving the following error and the sensors are stopping and not be available.
maybe someone is facing same issues and could help out.

Entity sensor.hoymiles_gateway_solarh_3521870_real_power_measurement (<class ‘homeassistant.components.mqtt.sensor.MqttSensor’>) is using state class ‘measurement’ which is impossible considering device class (‘energy’) it is using; expected None or one of ‘total’, ‘total_increasing’; Please update your configuration if your entity is manually configured, otherwise create a bug report at Issues · home-assistant/core · GitHub