HS-LS100+ Leak Sensor

Noticed the somewhat new-ish HS-LS100+ is out. Just under $30 for a relatively small leak sensor (perfect for tight locations) and zwave+. Doesn’t look like ozw has support just yet.

Curious if someone’s gotten them working. I"m about to bite on one or two, I got to believe someone will get them working soon enough.

1 Like

just got two for myself last week to test. Secure inclusion was smooth, flood sensor is picking up water without a delay. For testing I also placed it on metal surfaces :slight_smile: which was just as fast.
It has builtin temperature and shock sensors as a plus, just need to be turned on from the config.
Only issue for me so far is that the default binary sensor is not mapped to the flood alarm, so am using template instead.
While trying to figure out why, I am currently unable to expose the leak sensor’s configuration parameters. I tried using the frontend and service calls to no avail. Maybe am doing something wrong, but I like it so far. Will be getting more once I figure my config issue / update its zwcfg entry.

I just got my 2. Secure inclusion worked fine, however only one is actually showing up as a sensor. Also used a template. For some reason the other included, but can’t seem to get it working right :-/

Can you see or set its config parameters?

No, but that’s expected. It not a supported device, so it’s just what ozw can detect:

1 Like

Can someone explain to me how to map the binary sensor to flood instead of burglar. I am getting shock warnings instead of flood warning for the binary sensor. Trying to figure out where to change that manually.

I guess it is a binary sensor. Try setting the device class to moisture?

I just paired two of theses. I created a binary template sensor to the “flood” entity that changes between 0 (no water) to 2 (water detected). This seems to work

Would you mind sharing your binary sensor template code?

sure.

- platform: template
    sensors: 
      master_bathroom_water_sensor_flood_alert:
        friendly_name: "Master Bathroom Water Sensor Flood Alert"
        device_class: moisture
        value_template: >- 
          {%- if is_state("sensor.master_bathroom_water_sensor_flood", "2") -%}
            true
          {%- else -%}
            false
          {%- endif -%}
#
  - platform: template
    sensors: 
      master_bathroom_water_sensor_tamper_alert:
        friendly_name: "Master Bathroom Water Sensor Tamper Alert"
        device_class: problem
        value_template: >- 
          {%- if is_state("sensor.master_bathroom_water_sensor_tamper", "9") -%}
            true
          {%- else -%}
            false
          {%- endif -%}