Htd gw-sl1 / mc-66

@charger68, do you know if your fork will work on Home Assistant OS? That is, I’m super new and have no clue how to place your python files in the

custom_components/htd_lync12

directory. I do have access to the terminal and ssh, but looking around in the command line for a little bit, I couldn’t find any directory like that. Am I just out of luck until this is loaded into HACS or is available through an add-on?

Anyone know if anything has changed with this? I have been using it for over a year, and then all of a sudden probably 2-3 weeks ago it stopped working.

I am getting the following Configuration Validation warning:
Configuration invalid

Component error: htd_mc - Integration ‘htd_mc’ not found.

I haven’t changed anything, so i am lost as to why it is now broken.
I deleted the 4 files in the htd_mc custom directory and downloaded and put 4 new ones in and still not working.

check my repo for an updated manifest.json file. If you updated home assistant the “version” property is now required and there was a previous version o my integration that didn’t have this.

@MrControls That is what the OP has provided. Because of @hikirsch we all have integration. It works great too. I don’t know what you are trying to sell? Integration on a thread about the integration? Also this is the only post you have ever commented or posted on? This is a community not a place to pitch your wares. If you have comments about the integration or need help please participate otherwise, please refrain.

Thanks to everyone that has worked on this code! Unfortunately I have been having no success integrating with my home assistant. I am using the htd lync 12 integration and always get the error of integration not found. I am not sure what I might be doing incorrectly? My HA system runs flawlessly until I add the htd_lync12 info to the configuration.yaml. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)

default_config:

homeassistant:
packages: !include_dir_named packages

frontend:
themes: !include_dir_merge_named themes

################################################################

Media Players

################################################################

Text to speech

tts:

• platform: google_translate

######## INCLUDES ########
group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

So my integration stopped working today. Here is the error I am getting in my log file.

Setup failed for htd_lync12: Unable to import component: cannot import name ‘Dict’ from ‘homeassistant.helpers.typing’ (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/typing.py)

I am not sure where to even start to resolve this. Any thoughts?

About a week or so ago I did a Google search for the error and on GitHub (https://github.com/hikirsch/htd_mc-home-assistant/issues/4), found the solution to edit the __init__.py for this custom_component and comment out , Dict

I also deleted the __pycache__ folder and rebooted.

Full transparency, I haven’t used it in that time, and also don’t have the Lync, but should still work…

1 Like

Thank you! This worked perfect even without deleting the pycache folder because I wasn’t sure how to do that. :slight_smile:

Yep thanks for that Mark,

Not sure about removing HTD pycache directory as it was a clean HA install, so no cache dir created at the time.
But putting just commenting out ", Dict worked for me.

Rob.

Hello, I am a new member to this forum, new to Home Assistant and a new owner of an HTD-MC system.

I was able to get this automation running on my HA container running in Docker on my Synology NAS. With one slight hiccup, and by posting this I hope I can help any other newbie out. Turns out, updating the configuration.yaml and adding the custom_components/htd_mc folder/files at the same time prevented HA from restarting. Looks like HA attempts to resolve the yaml config before resolving any changes to the custom_components folder. So, I removed the htd_mc entry from the yaml, restarted HA, then updated the yaml and it worked great.

I found that tip in another thread in the forum, so thanks to that person too. Maybe that is basic knowledge and maybe it was already mentioned earlier in this thread and I missed it. Either way, I wanted to thank @hikirsch, @Markus99 and many others for all the info and work done. I hope I can contribute one day.

1 Like

Hi Adam,
I had this working previously. I updated Home Assistant OS and Core and now its broke.
I commented out the typing Dict import.
But I am still getting an error here:

Any idea how to resolve this?

Hi Everyone -

Sorry for going MIA. I just wanted to let you all know that I was able to resolve that lingering issue in the code regarding Dict (Setup failed for htd_mc: Unable to import component: cannot import name 'Dict' from 'homeassistant.helpers.typing' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/typing.py) · Issue #4 · hikirsch/htd_mc-home-assistant · GitHub).

Thanks for letting me know! I see there’s another issue there regarding the volume, has anyone else experienced anything like that recently? Everything on my end is looking ok but I haven’t updated my HA in a little while so I may do that soon.

–Adam

Looks like you commented out the entire line, instead of just the DictType - pls either upgrade to newest version, which appears to be fixed, or follow my fix that’s posted/paste above.

When I do a Configuration check, I’m receiving “Integration error: htd_lync12 - Integration ‘htd_lync12’ not found”. I have added a htd_lync12 folder to the custom_components directory with the necessary files. Any thoughts on what I should be doing differently?

Found the error (missed a comma in the manifest file when adding version). Now I’m getting a invalid configuration error message "Invalid config for [htd_lync12]: expected a list for dictionary value @ data[‘htd_lync12’]. Got OrderedDict([(‘htd_lync12’, OrderedDict([(‘host’, ‘192.168.1.103’), (‘zones’, [‘Deck’, ‘Rec Room’, ‘Loft’, ‘Mechanical’, ‘Study’, ‘Kitchen’, ‘Test’, ‘Great Room’, ‘Garage’, ‘Porch’, ‘North Patio’, ‘South Patio’]), (‘sources’, [‘Test 1’, ‘NA 2’, ‘NA 3’, ‘NA 4’, ‘NA 5’, ‘NA 6’, ‘NA 7’, ‘NA 8’, ‘NA 9’, ‘NA 10’, ‘NA 11’, ‘NA 12’, ‘Streamer’, ‘AVR’, ‘Great Room TV’, ‘NA 16’, ‘Echo Dot’, ‘MP3 Player’])]))]). Any thoughts on this?

Solved by retyping all config lines, testing as a went. Copy / Paste probably caused the issue

So I’m following this thread to try to get my Lync 12 system into HA.

I started with the “integration not found error,” but after the changes tot the following files:

manifest.json (adding in the version line)

{
    "domain": "htd_lync12",
    "name": "HTD Lync12 Series",
    "dependencies": [],
    "requirements": [],
    "version": "1.0.0"
}

init.py (commenting out the Dict in line 8)

I have now “upgraded” to the following error when I check my configuration:

Component error: htd_lync12 - Exception importing custom_components.htd_lync12

This is what I’m currently running:

Home Assistant 2022.8.1
Supervisor 2022.07.0
Operating System 8.4
Frontend 20220802.0 - latest

I can’t find that in this thread anywhere. Anyone else run across this issue?

Edit: didn’t realize there was more info in the logs (sorry, I’m new to this.)

The logs pointed me right to the error and I removed the trailing comma before #Dict and then it was happy.

Logger: homeassistant.loader
Source: loader.py:638
First occurred: 8:57:03 PM (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:59:58 PM

Unexpected exception importing component custom_components.htd_lync12
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 638, in get_component
    cache[self.domain] = importlib.import_module(self.pkg_path)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/importlib/__init__.py", line 126, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1050, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1027, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1006, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 688, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 879, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 1017, in get_code
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 947, in source_to_code
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 241, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/config/custom_components/htd_lync12/__init__.py", line 8
    from homeassistant.helpers.typing import ConfigType, #Dict
                                                         ^^^^^
SyntaxError: trailing comma not allowed without surrounding parentheses

So I tried to do the changes in my previous comment on Github so someone wouldn’t have to do that themselves later, but I’ve never done pull requests or comits or anything before, so I might have screwed it up. Just hoping to help out a bit, as I’m always just leaching from everyone.

Anyone know how to hide sources or zones from the media player card?

First of all, thanks to EVERYONE who helped build this integration. This is AWESOME!

I have the integration installed and working great with the custom lovelace card @hikirsch suggested. The only issue I am having is the volume slider does not appear to send a signal to the MC-66 when you set the volume to exactly 100. If I set it to any other percentage, the unit responds immediately and sets the volume to the correct level (on the 0-60 scale). For some reason, only when setting the volume to max (100%), the MC-66 does not appear to receive the command.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Just realized that if I use the MC app to set the level to max (60), the HA entities show 0 volume. Definitely something weird going on.

Thanks,
Ryan

If you try and set the volume to 100 things go wonky. Same thing if you go into the HTD app and try to set the volume to 60 and go back to HA it messes up.