Integrating HTD Into HomeAssistant

Oookay, I re-read the response and I realise now that you don’t run HA on a pi (that’s for your audio source).

Anyways…
Yeah, “proof-reading” is the bane of most HA issues, especially in the yaml configs (using tabs instead of spaces, not enough spaces, too many spaces etc :slight_smile: ) So always double check. As for a group of speakers, I’m not sure, but you can try adding an entry in the groups.yaml file as follows:

spkr_kitchen:
  name: Kitchen Speakers
  entities:
    - switch.speaker_zone1
    - switch.speaker_zone2

Obviously replace the entities with the entity names for your speakers :stuck_out_tongue:
then reload the groups.yaml in ha and see if you have a new entity called spkr_kitchen.
(Note I haven’t grouped any speakers yet)

Regarding my references to “expecting a state as a condition” I was referring to setting a condition on the automation that it would only fire if the speaker “switch” was on. for example.

I have one Pi that has HASS OS on it and one with Rasbian.

So the group thing worked. I was able to easily add it to my Lovelace card and even changed the icon to show multiple speakers.

I set up a super basic automation so that every night at midnight it’ll “activate” the scene that I saved with all the speakers off. What I need to do is figure out how to give me a notification if the speakers have been one for 3 hours or something. Or, better yet, somehow figure out how to tell HA if anyone is currently connected via AirPlay to Shair-port sync and if not, then ping me and let me know “Your speakers have been on for 10 minutes and aren’t being used.” or something like that. So much easier said than done though - I can’t even figure out how to move my shade groups from configuration.yaml to groups.yaml without it giving me an error. :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay so probably not to drag this thread out. I would suggest posting that as a new question in the forum as the main integration question has been sorted.

My thoughts would be having a wait action when a speaker turns on with a timeout of 3 hours (and continue on timeout) then when the wait expires send a notification. A choose action would probably work to allow a condition to test if the speaker is still on.

Best of luck :slight_smile:

So I just checked my error logs and it’s LOADED with errors from this HTD integration. Haven’t changed anything that I know of, everything is working as expected.

[Here is the fully error log.] (Home Assistant Error Logs with HTD integration · GitHub) You seen anything like this with your setup?

I do have that as well. Personally I ignore it but changing the polling interval (or disabling it and setting a polling interval through an automation) may help minimize it. It could be that the script isn’t getting a timely response from the controller and thus returning empty results.

this is awesome. i tried seeting it up. any reason it wont let me power on a zone?

Not sure why it wouldn’t be doing that. Is it just a specific zone or all of them?

On a side-note I’ve “moved” my system over to using this custom integration Htd gw-sl1 / mc-66 - #104 by UngluedChalice" as it keeps the source and volume identifiers updated at “both” ends per se.

I can still help out either way tho :slight_smile:

Thank for your help regarding this thread. I’m brand new to hass. I added all files to the custom_components/htd_lync12 folder and inserted the yaml code in the configuration folder via [https://github.com/UngluedChalice/htd-lync12-home-assistant.] When I go to restart HASS I’m getting the following error message.

"Failed to restart Home Assistant

The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Integration error: htd_lync12 - Integration ‘htd_lync12’ not found"

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong? I’m using the visual studio code server to make changes.

I had the same problem and followed this post: Htd gw-sl1 / mc-66 - #91 by mully. It now works for me.

I was successful in integrating the meester files for 6 of my 12 zones. However, when I try to expand the switch and sensors file, I cannot simply continue adding the zones. There appears to be an index of some sort in the py files that I cannot find.

Anyone successful in expanding the meester files into a 12 zone setup?

Wait, don’t use the meester files. Use this instead. I switched to it and didn’t have all the errors in the logs and stuff anymore.

Done. Thanks. But, how do I use it? The old meester switches and sensors are still showing up. Can I just somehow load that media player?

I think what I did was make a full backup first. Then I deleted all the old files and yaml. Then I downloaded the files on Github and uploaded them and updated configuration.yaml

Nevermind. I got it now.

I was mistakenly trying to control an Apple Pod in the same zone thinking it was the HTD.

This integration has been working well, but with a recent update to Home Assistant, I’m starting to see these errors.

This error originated from a custom integration.
Logger: custom_components.htd_lync12.htd_lync12
Source: custom_components/htd_lync12/htd_lync12.py:172
Integration: HTD Lync12 Series
First occurred: 9:31:12 AM (594 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:43:47 AM
Update for Zone #6 failed.
Update for Zone #1 failed.
Update for Zone #2 failed.
Update for Zone #3 failed.
Update for Zone #4 failed.

and

Sent command for Zone #{zone_number} but got #{zone} → Cmd = {to_correct_string(cmd)} | Message = {to_correct_string(message)}

Any ideas?

I’ve recently started seeing the same errors. I have this 1189277(!) times in my log:

Logger: custom_components.htd_lync12.htd_lync12
Source: custom_components/htd_lync12/htd_lync12.py:172
Integration: HTD Lync12 Series
First occurred: May 5, 2023 at 8:00:50 PM (1189277 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:29:48 AM

Update for Zone #3 failed.
Update for Zone #4 failed.
Sent command for Zone #7 but got #0 --> Cmd = 0x2,0x0,0x7,0x5,0x0,0xe | Message = 0x5,0x80,0x0,0x0,0x0,0xc,0xc5,0x0,0x0,0x0,0x64,0x2,0x0,0x0
Update for Zone #1 failed.
Update for Zone #7 failed.

ETA: I’m also seeing the related media player components randomly collapsing (having no controls), and then reappearing.

Yes, I have errors as well. No idea how to fix it though. @charger68, @jminnick790, or @sjbelisle do you have any ideas how to fix this?

I had the same issue with mine after a month of it working fine. Suddenly controls started randomly showing “unknown” and then reappearing a few seconds later.
I didn’t know it was an issue, I tried deleting all the files and redoing everything, and now I keep getting “Integration error: htd_lync12 - Integration htd_lync12 not found”
I can’t get it to even accept the integration anymore.

I was getting the same errors and the latest 2023.5.3 update fixed it.

Same, updating fixed the errors.