Hue errors after .53 update

Anyone else getting these Hue errors? Everything seems to work alright, but I have like, THOUSANDS of these errors for every one of my lights.

2017-09-10 19:54:36 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update for light.door_light_1 fails
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 225, in async_update_ha_state
    yield from self.hass.async_add_job(self.update)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py", line 388, in __iter__
    yield self  # This tells Task to wait for completion.
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py", line 286, in _wakeup
    value = future.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py", line 277, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 54, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/hue.py", line 467, in update
    self.update_lights(no_throttle=True)
  File "/srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/util/__init__.py", line 306, in wrapper
    result = method(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/util/__init__.py", line 306, in wrapper
    result = method(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/hue.py", line 256, in update_lights
    lightgroups[lightgroup_id].schedule_update_ha_state()
  File "/srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 302, in schedule_update_ha_state
    self.hass.add_job(self.async_update_ha_state(force_refresh))
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'add_job'
1 Like

I am also getting these errors on the .53 update. Made an account seeing as this is growing my home-assistant.log tremendously. Nonstop errors showing up for all my lights trying to for some reason update them

Also same error with Python 3.5.

I submitted an issue ticket seeing as this seems like a proper issue: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/9393

Bizarre. Glad I’m not the only, one good idea on submitting a ticket. I have also found that one of my hue groups is stuck to the on state on my front end. Yet it responds just fine to manual commands from HA and my scenes and automations all work just fine.

I ended up setting my logger to critical in configuration.yaml for the time being to prevent the growing log file.

That’s what I did to. I have already cleaned up the Hue bridge, removed and re-added the bridge to my HA-config but the errors are coming back. I think this started with the update to 0.53.

ps: all automations and switches are working ok although I think the bridge is responding slower to my Hue wall-switches.

I’ve got the same problem. Every half min:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'add_job'

Seeing the same errors. Did you guys ever figure this out?

:confused:

Yeah there’s an even older error issue that was logged for it like 2 months ago now. The guy who pushed the update that caused it responded saying he thought he knew what happened and since then has gone dark. So we’re stuck with it I guess until he or someone else figures it out.

Just block the errors in the logger for now!