Hue-home. Deconz let me down, again. Im out. Whats the alternative?

Heya, all lights in my deconz setup stopped working. Tried to roll back without success, tried to alt+click the advanced settings and chose earlier states. Coutless reboots - nothing.

Im done with this. Its not going in the direction I was hoping initially so im switching systems.

The hue bridge is the most versatile as far as I know, but way back when I decided to switch there were issues with running multiple hue-bridges in HA. Is this still the case?
Also I noticed that deconz handled hue motion sensors way faster when they where added to HA.

What do you guys think? Input is very much appreciated I have major health issues at the moment and cant even switch on/off my lights at the moment, slept with the lights on for the last couple of days, I feel like a vegetable :frowning:

Happy Holidays
Kr
H

I have good experience with zigbee2mqtt in combination with a cc2652 stick (slaesh, zzh, tube are all good options).
You can use your conbee stick as well, but stability might not be optimal.
Switching sticks later on will usually require re-pairing all devices.

I would discourage using multiple bridges. A zigbee network becomes stronger when all devices are part of the same network (mesh structure).

It’s also a good idea to have a remote paired directly to your lights (via zigbee binding) as a backup. This will significantly lower the risk of ever being stuck in the dark ever again.

1 Like

I got tired of deconz myself and switched to zigbee2mqtt a few weeks ago. No regrets, at all!!!

1 Like

Before investing too much time in implementing a new zigbee host integration, how certain are you that it’s the deconz integration that’s the issue? You didn’t say in your post but have you done the usual troubleshooting related to any kind of zigbee issue. You don’t want to spend the time moving to new software only to find that something like zigbee channel conflict, hardware fault or other wireless interference is still present.

It’s frustrating i know. Best of luck hunting down the culprit.

For what it’s worth, i use the deconz integration with a conbee2 usb stick & for me it has been very reliable with 57 connected zigbee devices of varying type & brand. This includes 4 hue bulbs, 2 ikea bulbs, 2 ikea plugs & 2 ikea repeaters.

The only time i did have issues, similar to what you describe, was when i was experimenting with a 2nd dev home-assistant instance with it’s own zigbee hub or when i didn’t have the deconz stick far enough away from the host machine. Otherwise it’s been awesome.

1 Like

I had the same problem as you and eventually got sick and tired of Deconz when none of my lights were working again. I have 76 lights, spread throughout my home (about 184m2) and garden and it works perfect. In my house the only lights I have are Hue lights and sinds rolling back to he two Hue bridges I never looked back. Never had an issue that my lights didn’t work or that the two bridges caused problems in HA.

A while ago Hue bridges went from polling to push and since than de motion sensors work awesome.

And the gold goes to you sir. I loved the versatility of the hue bridges!
Nice to know the sensors went push! Do you know if the old bug - where if you had two hue bridges you could not apply hue scenes to a room from the second bridge?

I never had that issue, but it could well be I wasn’t into home assistant at that time.

From my experience it works flawless. No problems with setting scenes (made I HA or the hue bridge itself). Also “scenes on fly” work as it should.