Hue Light Automation Bug? Or bad automation?

Thanks @123. The behavior seems to change if I target a Hue room, as opposed to individual lights.

I made a video to show what’s happening. Is this what you did?
Sorry about the quality; I’m definitely not a YouTuber.

• Home Assistant 2022.10 (I updated this morning)
  • Philips Hue Bridge V2 (the square one)
1 Like

Hi i think ive got the same issue with the build in motion light automation,
Home Assistant 2022.10.5
Supervisor 2022.10.1
I’m using frigate + zigbee aqara lamp. My supervised HA updates by itself to latest version.
It used to work before this.

1. Turning lamp manually works, so not zigbee issue
  2. The automation only works for turning on after off. But not the other way around.
  3. Frigate correctly display on/off state, so not frigate issue.
    Is there any workaround or fix yet?

I have the same problem too. Has HA fixed this? Mine is kinda random though, it does not turn off at times.

Hi, was there a fix for this? I’m having exactly the same issue with turning off hue lights from an automation (in my case, trigger from a smart light switch).

I’ve tried turning on the lights individually (no brightness settings), turning on all lights via a scene-but no matter what, turning them off results in some staying on (different ones each time).

Also the hue hub/app thinks they’re off and I have to toggle the lights in the hue app to turn them off.

Thanks

@sgjonathan and @mcoughlin22
Is this the issue you’re having? This test was done with 3A Nue smart lights that claim to work in place of Philips Hue lights. I haven’t tested other lights that claim to work as Hue lights but I imagine the last thing I mentioned about the Fade to Off command being a problem for a lot of clones.

Was this issue ever solved or do you still have issues? I have a very similar issue that I cannot switch off lamps, even if HA reports them as off. It looks like it involves IKEA colortemp tunable bulbs together with my deconz conbee stick. See here: deCONZ - Official thread - #3467 by Robban and deCONZ - Official thread - #3470 by phsdv (same thread)
I first noticed this early 2023, bit it could have been there before. It is still an issue for me.