Hue motion sensor: no motion information after pairing with deconz

I just paired a Hue motion sensor with Deconz.
I didn’t have any issue pairing the device but phoscon app shows some problem:

Screenshot 2021-11-03 at 22.58.44

In HA I cannot find any info abut motion but just an entity showing the battery status.

What is wrong?

Thanks

You should get a binary sensor as well

1 Like

You are right.
It was buried in tons of other sensors.
Anyway it looks to be stuck always in off condition…
It doesn’t change status.

I have the exterior motion sensor and a USB Zigbee stick and I am using the ZHA integrations. I didn’t have any issues pairing either. The outputs I see are PIR illuminance, PIR occupancy, PIR on_off and PIR temperature. The internal sensor may not have all of these outputs, although I have seen posts were people suggest it does. In my case the temperature, illuminance, and occupancy all work well, occupancy is triggered when the PIR senses motion. However, the on-off doesn’t seem to do much at all and I haven’t found any information on how it is supposed to work either. Maybe it does something in Philips Hue app.

If the binary sensor for presence never changes state there are two possibilities I see.

Either the websocket is not working thus not firing state changes of the sensor or the zigbee pairing is faulty.

How is your deconz instance hosted?

1 Like

Deconz is running on Pi 3B in a docker container
I have also other sensors and they look to work fine (innr plugs are the best!)
I repaired the Hue sensor but it is ever in off state.
Why in Phoscon does its status appear as “not reachable”? It it normal? (“non raggiungibile” means not reachable)

I cannot see any LED blinking.

To pair the sensor I keep pressed the rear button until it flashes green. Then I release it and it start blinking green, orange and red until I see it paired in Phoscon.

If I short press the button after the sensor is paired, the LED start flashing orange but cannot understand what it means.
Reading the manual I can see:

LED indications
Orange blinking: sensor is ready for installation.
Short orange flash at detection: battery is low.
Short red flash at detection: battery is empty.
Long red flash at detection: sensor cannot reach bridge

I don’t have Philips hue app nor the Philips gateway just the sensor and Deconz.

@Robban I think there is something wrong in the pairing.
I also found here https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-ota-plugin that there should be an OTA upgrade for the sensor.
I tried to load the file but is stay stuck in “queued” status.
What could be wrong with the pairing?

I have no idea as my hue motion sensors are working. If it’s not related to the integration I’m not of that much help. I’d recommend looking in the deConz forum/discord for further support on this issue.

1 Like

Possibly relevant thread for you

1 Like

It looks there is a bug fixed in 2.13.2 (I’m running 2.13.01)

1 Like