Hue motion sensors + remotes: custom component

not just yet, because it only supports:

their integrated light-level & temperature sensors.

In future, this could be expanded to include support for Hue switches and artificial sensors.

it will make things a lot harder to organize correctly…especially with the great migration in mind. Some of the sensors of the CC will be there, though if I read the PR correctly, not with all attributes the CC provides.

I wont upgrade to that version before things have settled down…

Anyone updated to 0.92b (beta) and seen these errors?

This is shown for each (sensor, binary, device tracker) when checking configuration for errors:

Integration hue_custom not found when trying to verify its sensor platform.

The sensors aren’t loaded - but it looks like the new component is loading new ones… strange.

I have - you need to add an empty file called __init__.py to the folder. It should start working then.

That’s strange. I had one. Didn’t change anything filewise. But I’ll check that out thanks

I am running the release version of 0.92, and now see the same errors in my log:

Integration huesensor not found when trying to verify its sensor platform.
Integration huesensor not found when trying to verify its binary_sensor platform.
Integration huesensor not found when trying to verify its device_tracker platform.

My folder structure looks as follows (am running it from a docker):

Anyone have an idea what I can do to re-enable the component so my switches work again after this upgrade?

Thanks!

Update:
Seems adding a manifest.json file to the hue custom component folder fixed it. I created it following the documentation:

2 Likes

Mind sharing your manifest.json, please?

2 Likes
{
  "domain": "huesensor",
  "name": "Hue sensors",
  "documentation": "https://github.com/robmarkcole/Hue-sensors-HASS",
  "dependencies": [],
  "codeowners": ["@robmarkcole"],
  "requirements": []
}

Works for me

7 Likes

Thanks. Works great.

Has anyone tested out the new component in 0.92? Not even sure how to display sensors. Custom component works fine after manifest.json was added.

Ok I finally got my switch working again. I had to change my groups.yaml from sensor.switch to -binary_sensor.remote_ui as it changed in the entities list in the upgrade.

Hue:
  name: Hue
  entities:
    #- sensor.switch
    - binary_sensor.remote_ui

I just updated again to the newest version (1.3). The problem still persists. The lights go out even when there is motion and won’t come back even if there is motion currently.

This seems to be a problem for some but not all… I tried quickly take a look at the code differencies but could not identify the problem.

Hi,

I cannot restart Hassio because of this message:

Integration huesensor not found when trying to verify its binary_sensor platform.

The motion sensors are workingafter the update. But i have still the old sensor in custom updater
Whats the problem?

the manifest file is created as well as init.py

As mentioned a few posts up, you probably need a manifest file to get the custom component working again.
The working motion sensors you see are probably from the built-in Hue integration, which got (beta) support for motion sensors in 0.92.

I created this file:
{
“domain”: “huesensor”,
“name”: “Hue sensors”,
“documentation”: “https://github.com/robmarkcole/Hue-sensors-HASS”,
“dependencies”: [],
“codeowners”: ["@robmarkcole"],
“requirements”: []
}

No change

I think you have to add __init__.py file even empty of with a docstring only.

The auto-markdown formatting suggests you only had a single underscore on either side, there should be two either side. I.e. the file should be called __init__.py NOT _init_.py.

Not working for me somehow - if I do a configuration check it will check forever with no result

That’s a little worrying. Where do you have the huesensors folder and what exactly is in it?

/config/custom_components/huesensor/
__init__.py // empty
manifest.json // your input
binary_sensor.py // latest files from robmarkcole
device_tracker.py
sensor.py

In the files from robmarkcole there is a dependency to hue mentioned - can this be an issue?
After commenting out all “huesensor” elements in my configuration.yaml everything was finde again (config check and reboot). But I want my sensors back.
Another idea is a hidden dependency between the custom component and the build in added sensor support for hue which was mentioned above. Because those entities show up in my HA

thanks Tom Brien, got this. But like ddoll. It didn’t work for me.
In addition to that my netatmo modules haven’t been detected anymore.
google geocode seems to run after the changes I guess.
Anyway, I rolled back to 0.91.4 and wait for a stable situation as I have no issues at the time :slight_smile: