Hue-sensors - motions aren't showing temperature

and in the jinja dev panel if you type:

{{states.sensor.basement_hallway_garage_motion_sensor.attributes.temperature}}

Do you get 20.91 in the output?

I’m sorry - type that where?

I haven’t run any commands in the dev panel.

in the dev panel there’s a few symbols you can click on, one looks like a black peice of paper with <> on it , click on that, delete the example template and drop yours in, should show the current temperature in the garage if the template is right.

Ah - ok - looks correct to me.

OK, now click on the little ‘i’ in a circle and look through the list to see if there’s any errors in relation to the template sensor, and if there are, click on them for the full details and paste them here.

Ok - so after fixing the naming and formatting, the only error I see is

2018-01-25 08:08:12 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Unable to find service {{states/sensor

ok - make sure all the changes we’ve made are saved and reboot the whole pi, see if the sensor appears when it comes back up

if not, check the ‘i’ icon for any related messages and paste (if different).

Hey! So I decided to “Restart” the server in the dev panel and guess what!

Yay! Success!

1 Like

Only took us 48 posts :laughing:

Glad we got there!

Now, either your garage is REALLY cold, or that should be degrees centigrade :wink:

(edit) forget that, just realised from your time zone that’s probably right.

Can you mark post 25 ( Hue-sensors - motions aren't showing temperature ) as solved - that’s the one that actually fixed the problem you raised - the rest of the posts were for different things. Might help future viewers. :+1:

Yes! Success!

Hah! No, that is in Celsius. Not sure why it’s not showing in Fahrenheit … Hmmm.

Yep! Done! Thanks again.

Now to figure out how to get some nice tiles setup and grouped together. Like weather, temp of all sensors, etc.

The recommended way is to create a single file with these templates and call them in the configuration.yaml- correct?

The output from your sensor is in celcius, so if you want the farenheit value you’ll need to convert it in the template.

Matter of personal choice - for now, as you’re still learning, I’d just keep it all in the one file until you’re comfortable with yaml and templates, then splitting your config is a breeze. :+1:

Right on - thank you!

Now to keep adding and building. I’ve learned a lot.

Thank you so much for the help and patience. You certainly demonstrated that dealing with me! Haha!

See you around!

1 Like

Happy automating :smile:

1 Like