Hue smart scene transitions with multiple bridges

My house has around 75 Hue light bulbs that span across 3 Hue bridges. The issue I’m running into is that I can’t seem to find a way to set a scene in a room without first turning off all the lights in that room and then turning on the scene.

For example, let’s say I have 10 lights in my living room and 2 of them are on. I want to turn on a scene that has 5 lights on, but 1 of the lights that’s on already should stay on and the other should be turned off. It seems the only way to cleanly do that is to turn off all the lights in that room and then turn on the scene, which isn’t ideal.

I’ve also tried using Hue scenes. I can call a Hue scene from Home Assistant and it does the right thing by turning off any of the lights that shouldn’t be on for the scene and then turning on the ones that should. However, it only works for scenes on a single hub. If I call a scene that is on one of the other hubs it shows an error in the log file that it can’t find the “group”.

WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue] Unable to find group Living Room Lights

Has anyone else ran into this or have ideas on how I might go about managing scenes in a smart way when you have multiple Hue bridges?

Thanks in advance!

There is a fix for this that is rock solid, but the PR appears to be closed: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/19997. Sadly, I keep the hue component locally patched so that I can use scenes with multiple hubs.

I believe this patch is now in the release. I have four bridges and the scenes on each bridge work as expected…you just have to give them unique names.