Hue: unexpected result using allow_unreachable: true

Hi,

trying to mitigate the ever pestering hue lights going unavailable, we’ve been offered the restored functionality of allow_unreachable and allow_groups again in the latest 106.xx

having done so, I do think the lights have been more reliable, though still not rock solid as it has been.

but, most surprisingly: my truly unavailable lights have become available :wink: these lights don’t even have power during daylight, so can never be available, and that is reflected in the Hue app also. unavailable.

So, instead of preventing available lights going unavailable all the time, this causes unavailable lights to show available. Which is just as erroneous?

Or, as it seems the Hue app also switches the lights on the Hub, but simply doesn’t see the lights, because they’re unavailable (as in cut off from power), we might need an extra attribute to show these lights as unavailable…this being the “reachable” property

Anyone else seeing this?

I must have missed the added ability to go back to allow unavailable. This has been plaguing my network since the change. In the past it would always show available but I would say I only had maybe once a month issues where a command I send did not work correctly. Usually is shutting off my outside hue lights at 4am. I programmed around that one and send 2 commands 5 minutes apart but inside lights where the mesh is stronger never have that issue. The unavailable is at times from polling or updates I believe. So I will be turning that setting back on to prevent all the state changes.