Huge battery usage

How to reduce this huge battery usage of android companion app?

check data usage too, its probably the live view camera bug. You need to make sure not to use live view picture entity cards as they keep playing in the background. If you are on the beta that contains the BLE transmitter that will be a source of battery drain.

The data usage is really small as i use the app only maybe maximum 30 minutes a day.
About picture entity card i am using only this in the lovelace:

- type: grid
                columns: 1
                square: false
                cards:
                  - type: picture-entity
                    entity: camera.climacell_meoteogram
                    show_name: false
                    show_state: false

and also some map cards and iframe cards for displaying the weather… Are them the culprit ?

no, can still be a number of things…are you using the BLE transmitter sensor as I asked earlier? Did you change any location sensor settings like the one to include in sensor updates? have you tried clearing data to rule out bad data?

No i am not using BLE, I am always using the same location sensor and I clear data often…

so you setup the app brand new often? that doesnt sound right. check single accurate location sensor settings, do you have “include in sensor update” turned on?

This is the screenshot I got 1 minute ago

Maybe I was not clear before… I meant I clear cache often, not data…
I have that option turned on… Must I disable it?

Are you using high accuracy mode?

yes turn it off, its making a GPS request with each and every sensor update

2 Likes

this would be more obvious since we post a notification on the device so the user knows its happening.

I’m having the same problem and don’t use any camera feeds. However I did have the include in sensor update switched on. I have since switched this off and my battery usage has dropped from nearly 20% down to 6% (app used for five minutes) which is still quite high but much better than it was.
It is still my highest draining app even though it was only used for 5 minutes.
Apart from location sensors and battery level all the other senses are switched off. I have even set it to to close connection after 5-minutes.
Like other people here I can’t understand why the home assistant app battery usage is so high.

Theres a lot of factors at play than just sensors and location. Widgets for example update in the background.