Hughes Sage Zigbee Single Gang Light Switch

This switch very useful when you need to stop that accidental mains switch flip while controlling smart bulbs.

Support was added to zigbee2mqtt in version 1.18.2

Also, you can snatch them up on ebay, cheap

1 Like

So I got a couple of these and was trying to see if I could bind these to a group in Zigbee2mqtt… I’m kind of struggling with the bind settings in Z2M (endpoint/coordinator endpoint etc, I also have never bound any devices previously and just use HA to control) but then realized it may not even be possible. Before I keep mucking around do you know if that is something that is possible with these, or should I just do it normally with HA and the Mqtt actions? I was hoping to get it to control the bulbs even if HA/Z2M was down.

AFAIK No bindings, just use automation’s

I also just wanted to mention for anyone else looking into these… and I don’t know if this is specific to my setup or because of Z2M, but I put a couple of these in use and I have to say the response time is amazingly quick. Like it feels like I’m switching a normal light switch the lights turn on so fast… I have another one on the way. Thanks for the recommendation.

1 Like

Just learning MQTT and not sure how to include this switch in an automation. There doesn’t seem to be anything useful exposed. Is this what I should expect to see? Note that I have added another of these switches to ZHA and was able to use it in an automation by looking a zha_event and using the information I gleaned from that. Any examples appreciated.

Listen to event zigbee2mqtt/ZB-Switch2/action

zigbee2mqtt version 1.18.2 and above

Thanks found it after I found an MQTT configuration issue. I have three of these and for the price, they are great. Zigbee2MQTT is a much easier configuration.

Random question. Has anyone tried to use multiple key presses to simulate a dimmer? Example, one “on” keypress sets lamp dimmer to 30%, two quick presses to 60%, and three to full brightness.

By any chance has anyone found these switches painfully slow to respond if they haven’t been used for a bit ? I don’t know if it was an HA or Z2M update but for about the last month or so if I haven’t used them for a couple hours it takes nearly 10 seconds for the bulbs they control to react. I’m still in the investigation stage or seeing where the lag is coming in… but figured I’d ask.

Mine hasn’t changed, still instantaneous here.

Still quick for me. The first use after an HA reboot is sometimes slow to respond, but other than that no issues. Any other Zigbee devices slow o respond? Replace the battery?

I thought it was the battery at first also, replaced the first one that started having the issue thinking that was it, but it is happening with all 7 that I have even the ones with fresh batteries… I’m also noticing some slow response times for Alexa and automations as well… I’m starting to think something is flooding my HA log or something and slowing it down… just started looking today… processor use still very low so nothing ridiculous… but if I go press something in HA on computer or phone it is instant like normal.

I’m having trouble re-pairing these to my Sonoff dongle E. I have a pair of the Sage units and I had each one paired at one point but I wiped out both of those configs and can’t get either Sage unit to show up again to pair in zigbee2mqtt. Any suggestions?

Does this only work with zigbee2mqtt ? I only use the native zha.

Currently shown as compatible with Z2M only, but that does not mean it won’t work with ZHA, it just means no one has reported it as working.