Humax New Smart Switch

Anybody know if this will work in HA.

Humax Smart Plug

Regards Dave

2 Likes

Same question from me.
Also, anyone know how to use the power consumption feature on these?

I just got one of these and had the same question. The Humax app looks very, very similar to the Tuya app - in fact it looks identical. I’ve just added it to the Tuya app OK and am following these instructions to get it visible inside Home Assistant - so far so good …

Update: I eventually got the Tuya integration working (by creating a new cloud project) and eventually got the Humax plug socket to show up in HA. It reveals these sensors / controls:

Strangely, the power, current and voltage sensors were all disabled by default - but it’s easy to enable them. What’s missing is an ‘energy’ sensor - so this doesn’t work at all if you want to monitor energy usage of an individual device in the built-in energy dashboard.

So, mine’s going back to Amazon. FWIW, I also tested this zigbee plug which worked fine with the energy dashboard: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09N43BBC1

By the looks of these, they are the same as these, branded TECKIN, although Humax mention’s energy monitoring. I can’t comment on how well it works as I don’t own one, but there is a paid addon (Smart Life) that goes some way to monitoring energy, based on your energy supplier’s unit rate and the time the plug is on (not very accurate). For energy monitoring, I have TP-Link’s Tapo P110. In terms of Home Assistant, Tapo has its own integration, which is much simpler and just worked (for me, unlike Tuya which was a fight).

Here’s a screenshot of its sensors:

The Humax “Smart Living” app is Humax’s rebranded Tuya app, similar to another well-known app called “Smart Life” by “Volcano Technologies Limited”.

Tuya provides a comprehensive IoT platform that allows manufacturers and integrators to rebrand it. If you’ve followed this guide on the Tuya integration, you’ll have had a taste of it.

One issue I have come across is that if you use a different branded version of the app, Home Assistant’s Tuya integration can only “see” devices from one app at-a-time. See my post on the issue here, therefore, use one app for all Tuya-compatible devices. My preference is Tuya’s own app, as it will get updates first and I often find I have more luck connecting devices via Tuya when Smart Life won’t work.

For me, before I buy any more devices, I’m waiting for devices to carry the Matter compatible label.

HTH