Hunter Hydrawise Sprinkler System Integration

I would love to see Hunter’s Hydrawise API integrated into Home Assistant.

Vendor API Documentation [PDF]: https://support.hydrawise.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/205632298/Hydrawise_API.pdf

And here is an active python-based project on GitHub that integrates with the API: https://github.com/ptcryan/hydrawiser

Hi vwieczorek,

I submitted PR#14055 last night to the Home-Assistant project to add Hydrawise support. If all goes well it should be in 0.68. The documentation is also pushed so you can get a preview. It’s all in the PR.

Let me know if you have any feedback.

[EDIT] Missed 0.68. Hopefully will be included in 0.69.

1 Like

This is incredible, ptcryan! Thank you very much. I’m excited to give it a try.

Just a quick update to say the Hydrawise integration should be in the HA 0.71 release.

1 Like

Thank you again for the hard work in making this a reality!

Thank you from me also!

Excellent addon indeed. Absolutely love it. I started working on complex automation and scripts and it’s great what can be achieved. Much more precise that the Hydrawise cloud if you tune it.

One question though - does there need to be the limitation to the watering times? I think there is 5, 10, 15, 30 and 60. Could there be a range? In my case, I am dynamically setting the watering time based on a few sensors so it could be handy.

Quickly added today, works nice :slight_smile: (We’ve got the winter sprinkler ban on though)

48%20pm

Hi kunago. I might look into addding more flexibility to the watering time, but if you really wanted to you could edit the components/hydrawise.py file to add the watering times you need.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hey, thank you for your reply. I am not a professional when it comes to HomeAssistant but so far I figured I am not very flexible when it comes to switches and watering_time. I am automatically adjusting the times of watering based on the temperature and other conditions. The solution I came to at this point is to start watering, then set desired delay and then it times out, stop watering. What do you think? I was not able to solve it in a nicer way.

I think that would work just fine. Good idea.

@ptcryan Can you explain this a bit further? I am confused what this means. Does this mean smart watering via the Hydrawise app will be truly suspended for a year? This is in the HA Hydrawise docs…

" SWITCH OPERATION

When auto_watering is on the irrigation zone will follow the Smart Watering schedule set through the Hydrawise mobile or web app. When the auto_watering switch is off the zone’s Smart Watering schedule is suspended for 1 year."

If you turn off the automatic watering switch in HA, it will inform the Hydrawise cloud to suspend the Smart Watering schedule for 365 days. The HA component does not block any functionality in the Hydrawise app.

For example, if you suspend automatic watering in HA you can still re-enable it in the Hydrawise app.

Why 365 days?

Because that’s one year. :smiley:

Actually, it’s just a number I selected. No other reason.

If you want it to be different there are many tutorials in the HA documentation for programmatically setting the switches on or off at any interval.

1 Like

Ok thanks. I was just curious where the 1 year came from.

Is it possible to change the watering time per zone via an input_select slider? If so, can you share some code snippets I could use? Many thanks in advance.

Hello ! Can you send how you added this to home assistant, I added mine, but cant add sensors…

Well my integration is broken at the moment but to get the sensors it’s just

# Sensors
sensor:
  # Weather prediction
  - platform: yr

# Hydrawise
  - platform: hydrawise

# UPS

I have 2 hydrawise controllers in my hydrawise account.
It seems I only see the first controllers zones in Hass.
Is there a way to reference in the setup to both the controllers?