HUSBZB-1 and USB Extension Cable

I am currently using a 6ft USB extension cable to get my HUSBZB-1 away from my Home Assistant machine and it works perfectly. I would like to relocate my PC a little further away and would need a 15ft extension cable.

Does anyone know if just a regular USB 2.0 cable would work ok or do I need an active USB 2.0 extension cable for this distance?

Regards

Richard

I have been using a device like this for over 2 years with no complaints and I can move it to any room in my home, that has a ethernet RJ45 connection or use RJ45 cable within the same room.

1 Like

Wow this looks interesting,

So you plug the HUSBZB-1 into this and run a network cable to the PC?

The only thing I only have 1 network on my Lenovo M93P Tiny

You have a transmitter and a receiver. The transmitter plugs into a USB port in your pc, from the transmitter a network cable to the receiver, the receiver gives you 4 USB ports.

Of course,

Sorry I did not read the description if the item properly. This looks really interesting.

Thanks for the tip

Has anyone found a viable replacement for the USB over Ethernet device above? I too an having signal issues with my HUSBZB-1 as well (currently located in a server rack). It seems that it’s no longer available from that Amazon seller.

Sorry I just used a regular powered USB extension cable as my HUSBZB-1 is only around 15 feet from my PC. Do you have a strong mesh network with plenty of powered Zigbee devices?

Yep,but the issue is that the location of my HA PC is at one corner of the house where none of the Zigbee outlets/devices are located. Just want to centralize that part.

I wanted update everyone that I’ve found a replacement (below) for the USB over Ethernet extender which works great. I was able to centrally place my HUSBZB-1 in the middle of the house and now have great zwave coverage.

1 Like

would this be ok to charge a Tablet?