HUSBZB-1 Z-Wave firmware portion update

Attached a photo of this, in case anyone else needs a better visual of where TP28 is located.

2 Likes

+1 having had success with the upgrade, both zwave and zigbee sides.

The most painful part of the zwave upgrade was due to the fact that I don’t have any windows machine at home and had to use a win10 virtual machine in my linux desktop just to install all the SW, it was quite a horrible experience (everything works out of the box in linux, whereas in windows you need drivers with a very cumbersome installation, multiple reboots etc). The worst software to install by far was the Silabs Simplicity tool (which includes PC Controller), but this part was optional, I only needed it to reset to factory defaults the old stick; Silabs requires you to have an account setup and their single sign on servers are not working reliably and it took several retries to get the SW to download the “PC Controller” addon.

For the Zigbee upgrade, you do NOT need a windows machine, any linux desktop should do. I used the docker container as recommended however I ran in to a bug and had to modify a file inside the running container as per the recommendation here:

After the zwave upgrade, I could do the NVM backup, and then restore the NVM in a newer 700-series stick, ZST-10, my zwave newtork got ‘transferred’ to the new stick, seamlessly. This new stick can even be firmware-upgraded directly from homeassistant (2023.3), fantastic user experience by comparison to the nortek stick. I have some 40 zwave devices and after the upgrade, I find significantly less latency in the far-away light switches specifically (hopefully this is not a placebo effect).

Sorry to post on an old thread, but I’ve done this before on a stick and it worked, but trying now by following the process and grounding the TP28 I just can’t get it to READ. Any tips? Wondering if people have had issues with USB3 ports vs. legacy, etc etc.?? Any ‘wave the rubber chicken’ appreciated to get updated. I flashed the zigbee side of this stick already, would like to get the z-wave side up to date as well.

Sorry for my confusion, but can the ZWave side of this stick be upgraded in Home Assistant where it says “update” under the Zwave controller?