Hyper Backup Sensor

Hi everyone,

I’m using Synology Hyper Backup for different backup jobs. It would be great to have a sensor for each backup which tracks every successfull run of each backup.
Does anybody know if that’s possible?

Thanks

is there an api?

Yes: synology-api/core_backup.py at fabed66871c660f01440bc64efb97d86a437a798 · N4S4/synology-api · GitHub

I just finished drafting up a version of the built-in sensor that adds hyper backup tasks. Have not spent much time testing (just installed today) - but feedback would be welcome.

Example of backup task entity:

1 Like

Hi, I gather I could run automation with this like when the backups finished, shut down the NAS?

Also is there one that can also monitor backups that are being received by a remote Synology NAS, or does this do it also?

Has there been any issues discovered with this, and how do you install it may I ask?

works perfect here might gonne make a nicer history graph for completion of backups

Unfortunately this doesn’t seem to work with DSM 7. Anyone have a solution for that?

I take it back, I think it was because I had the built in one configured already and added this on top. It was confusing as my second Synology NAS that runs and older version was OK, my newer one wasn’t.

Removed the built in config then re-added the custom one and it seems to be working. Thanks :slight_smile: