Hyperion NG not working properly

Hello all,

I need some help with my Hyperion setup in Home Assistant. I am running Hyperion.NG on a Raspberry Pi and I previously had it working perfectly where Home Assistant could control and toggle all the settings. Long story short, I tried to update my Hyperion.NG to the latest build and encountered issues. I ended up reformatting and reinstalling Hyperion.NG from scratch with the latest 2.0.0-alpha 11 build. Now Home Assistant will connect to the Hyperion but the on/off toggle for it is broken. As an example if the LEDs on the Hyperion are on and I use Home Assistant to turn them off they will turn off… However the toggle for the entity immediately flips back to “On” and it acts like the entity is unavailable so I can no longer use the toggle to actually switch the lights back on. The vice versa is also true if the lights are off and I try to toggle them on. The only error I see in the logs is the following:

Failed Hyperion (192.168.1.238:19444) command: {'command': 'sysinfo', 'error': 'No Authorization', 'success': False, 'tan': 1}

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions I could try?

I decided to wipe my Hyperion and downgrade to the alpha-9 version… works perfectly again in Home Assistant. Upgraded it back to alpha-11 and it’s broken again. Looks to be a bug somewhere that is causing compatibility issues with the Home Assistant integration

Please open an issue here:

Thanks tom. After some more researching it looks like this bug is something that is already being worked on by the developers of Hyperion.

1 Like

Do you have a good link for a downgrade to alpha-9? I can’t find one and I am having the same problems as you are/were.

2 Likes

Hyperion version 2.0.12 was recently released. It has resolved the home assistant bug.

Not for me it hasnt, fresh install of Hyperion today on a raspi using the Hyperion Image, HA just spits out “Failed to connect”,
which is odd, because my 2 other instances running 2.0.12 on windows are working fine :confused: