Hyundai Bluelink Integration

Fair enough. Settings pictured below.
Now I see that I was forcing it to stay alive. This was due to me not knowing the consequences.

2 Likes

i would say, let me add a bold warning in integration page to be sure that people are aware of these configuration values. At the end of the day, integration is just mimicking mobile app.

1 Like

And sorry again because this had happened to you, an early warning would eliminate this. But kia and Hyundai cars have 2(or 3) years of battery warranty, maybe you can benefit of it for a replacement.

I think the integration itself should include a warning next to the option, saying each update may cause a drain of 1Ah, and the car will not recharge the battery on it’s own. We live at a quick pace and not everyone reads through everything.

I am dealing with the dealer now, but experience so far is very bad. They will order the battery and it will arrive in 3 weeks, meanwhile they can’t help me in any way, no replacement car, no temporary battery etc. I had to jumpstart it each time before drive, until I found another battery to borrow. Basically was a lot of frustration and nerves.

You say that the Ioniq 5 does not automatically recharge the 12V - Can’t say that is the case on my car!

The 12 V definitely gets topped up when needed and under normal conditions that works very well. Never had a 12V battery problem in a year of operation and almost 15k km.

The car will however stop recharging the 12V if it senses an excessive and constant drain (like in your case, when the polling kept your car alive forever - or other reasons like OBDII plugs, chinese wireless Android Auto boxes, defective charge door ECUs, dashboard cams that keep running when parked, etc.)

This is in order to make sure that the car does not attempt to constantly charge a defective 12 V battery.
Which makes sense, because that would eventually pose a fire risk.

1 Like

Well I was not able to observe such top-up, perhaps I did not wait long enough.
Anyway it should top up 12V battery in any situation, until main battery drops to 10% or so.
12V battery is only roughly 0.5kWh, so using main battery would prolong the process 100x.

There should also be automated detection of such issues, and it should be reported via OBD. And possibly via the app.

My charging door mechanism was replaced due to skipping gears (as it did not sense end position and kept grinding), but not sure if this involved the controller. Dealer is saying there are no updates for my VIN.

i own a kia niro phev and i am aware it is not a full ev but my car battery is charged while i am driving it (as other normal ic cars do).

Below, you can see its level through August.

Can we update this one? you can convert this into a serious warning but not advising anyone to use it maybe too much?

I have updated my initial warning.

1 Like

How can we use the start_climate and stop_climate functions? My car supports remote start (2019 kona ev) but I don’t see it as an entity. Is this a service that needs to be called or something?

it is a service, there is no respective entity for services under this integration

Thieves tried to steal my car last night. I didn’t get the push message because I had activated the focus mode on the iPhone. I couldn’t find anything about it, but is the alarm system available as a sensor? Then I could run a scene in my apartment. Maybe someone has an idea how I could solve the problem.

Maybe, you can try this; check if you and anyone in your family has a Bluetooth connection to car while car is running or location has changed more than X kms, trigger an alarm at home (set a scene, lwt Alexa to warn etc).

I am using Bluetooth connection sensor to trigger force update. When i park my car and mine (or my wife’s) phone is disconnected from Bluetooth, after 5 minutes, call force update, and warning myself if i missed to it on charge.

And, i hope all is good there.

You’ll need an Android Phone for the Bluetooth connection trigger. The IOS Integration doesn’t provide the bluetooth entities.

Hmm, i see, while it might be out of this integration’s topic, there are some ble tags or ZigBee end devices to track if device is at a zone (eg home) for cars. If all family members are at home and if the car is not, this could be a signal

Thank you for your suggestions, but unfortunately the car is 700 meters away. Out of reach. The best solution would probably be a more secure parking slot :rofl:

Thanks for that great Home Assistant integration, it is working very well. Any chance of seeing the capability to changing the charge limits (maximum battery charge the car will charge to when connected to AC charger or DC charger) through the integration? That would be a great add on!

Just figured that this already exist with the kia_uvo.set_charge_limits service! But still, I am wondering: is it possible to read the values from the car?

Where do you see current charging limits now? (In the app)

Can you also check Data sensor if this data already exists in the integration but just missing the sensor

In the iOS app, the information is under “Charge management” (see picture). The sliders are updated if the charge levels are set from somewhere else (from a computer, for instance).

It seems the integration is trying to get the data, but it does not find it:

[custom_components.kia_uvo.Vehicle] kia_uvo - Engine type set VEHICLE_ENGINE_TYPE.EV
2022-09-28 11:29:40.842 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.kia_uvo.sensor] skipping sensor for missing data, key:vehicleStatus.fuelLevel
2022-09-28 11:29:40.842 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.kia_uvo.sensor] skipping sensor for missing data, key:**vehicleStatus.evStatus.targetSOC.1.targetSOClevel**
2022-09-28 11:29:40.842 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.kia_uvo.sensor] skipping sensor for missing data, key:**vehicleStatus.evStatus.targetSOC.0.targetSOClevel**

Still from the logs, it does not seem the charge level information is sent by the bluelink servers:

2022-09-28 11:29:13.736 DEBUG (SyncWorker_6) [custom_components.kia_uvo.KiaUvoApiCA] kia_uvo - get_cached_vehicle_status response {'responseHeader': {'responseCode': 0, 'responseDesc': 'Success'}, 'result': {'status': {'lastStatusDate': '20220928152617', 'airCtrlOn': False, 'engine': False, 'doorLock': True, 'doorOpen': {'frontLeft': 0, 'frontRight': 0, 'backLeft': 0, 'backRight': 0}, 'trunkOpen': False, 'airTempUnit': 'C', 'airTemp': {'value': '00H', 'unit': 0}, 'defrost': False, 'acc': False, 'evStatus': {'batteryCharge': False, 'batteryStatus': 80, 'batteryPlugin': 2, 'remainTime2': {'etc1': {'value': 0, 'unit': 1}, 'etc2': {'value': 0, 'unit': 1}, 'etc3': {'value': 0, 'unit': 1}, 'atc': {'value': 0, 'unit': 1}}, 'drvDistance': [{'rangeByFuel': {'gasModeRange': {'value': 0.0, 'unit': 1}, 'evModeRange': {'value': 380.0, 'unit': 1}, 'totalAvailableRange': {'value': 380.0, 'unit': 1}}, 'type': 2}], 'batteryPreconditiong': False}, 'hoodOpen': False, 'transCond': True, 'steerWheelHeat': 0, 'sideBackWindowHeat': 0, 'dte': {}, 'tirePressureLamp': {'tirePressureLampAll': 0}, 'battery': {'batSoc': 87, 'sjbDeliveryMode': 1, 'batSignalReferenceValue': {}}, 'remoteIgnition': True, 'seatHeaterVentInfo': {}, 'sleepModeCheck': False, 'lampWireStatus': {'headLamp': {}, 'stopLamp': {}, 'turnSignalLamp': {}}, 'windowOpen': {}, 'engineRuntime': {}}}}

It is the Canadian Bluelink, by the way. I don’t know if this is working in other regions.

1 Like