I am totally noob with zigbee and tuya. And i need advice for smart thermostatic radiator valves

Yeah, same here, the only problem is that the TRV is not reporting the battery level, maybe the AA I used were too old? I’ll change them and update here.

On a side note, I found this page really interesting RubenKelevra/Tuya-thermostatic-valve: TuYa TS0601: Home Assistant automation for more accurate temperature control leveraging an external temperature sensor in particular the power supply mod seems easy an clever, I just have to hide those cable from my wife :smiley:

I have a copule of those cheap converters , both 5V and 3.3V . I have read pretty decent deep reviews before buying something that deal directly with 220V in my house.

UPDATE :
swapped the battery with rechargeable and it started to send battery status too.
It dropped from 68% to 36% in 2 days, I hope the lower rechargeable battery Voltage tricks the internal battery level reading.
Very quiet operation.

Hi,
What type of rechargeable batteries? After having tried rechargeable batteries from a Swedish seller :wink:, I test the following type: Nickel-Zinc 1.6V ni-zn AA 2500mWh with my HY368.
It works since mid-December and I am very satisfied.

“Unisclosed Swedish seller” :grin:

It’s a bunch of 3 different brand and probably pretty old , I must get some fresh one.

I was looking at a similar TRV as yours, how is your experience?

I’m quite happy with these TRVs, the only problem is that they were delivered without an M28 adapter but it’s easy to find on the web.
The AA batteries were only good for 15 days, but with the new Nickel-Zinc batteries, they have been working for a month now
As for the temperature, it’s following the target with more or less 1°C difference.
I set the system mode to auto and I just change the target temperature according to the time of day.

Hi PedroKTFC, can I ask how you got the Moes BRT-100 working correctly please, as I have paired it, and can see all the controlls, but from HA I can not make any adjustments, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I’ll try and remember. First, I use ZHA for my ZigBee integration so if you’re using something different you may need to change things.

In my configuration I have the following for one of my TRVs:

- platform: template
  sensors:
    rad_1_setting:
      friendly_name: "Radiator 1 setting"
      icon_template: mdi:thermostat
      unit_of_measurement: '°C'
      value_template: "{{ state_attr('climate.tze200_b6wax7g0_ts0601_thermostat', 'temperature') }}"
#      value_template: "{{ state_attr('climate.tze200_b6wax7g0_ts0601_thermostat', 'temperature') * 10 }}"
    rad_1_temp:
      friendly_name: "Radiator 1 temperature"
      icon_template: mdi:thermometer
      unit_of_measurement: '°C'
      value_template: "{{ state_attr('climate.tze200_b6wax7g0_ts0601_thermostat', 'current_temperature') }}"

(Note the commented line where I allowed for the x 10 error which no longer happens.)

I then have the following in lovelace for easy control of it:

type: custom:mod-card
card_mod: null
style: |
  ha-card {
    background: rgb(28,28,28);
    box-shadow: 0px 2px 1px -1px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0px 1px 1px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14), 0px 1px 3px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.12);
  } 
card:
  type: grid
  cards:
    - type: custom:button-card
      tap_action:
        action: call-service
        service: climate.set_temperature
        service_data:
          temperature: 20
          entity_id: climate.tze200_b6wax7g0_ts0601_thermostat
      name: SET HIGH
      show_icon: false
      color_type: card
      color: red
      styles:
        card:
          - '--mdc-ripple-color': gray
          - '--mdc-ripple-press-opacity': 0.5
    - type: custom:button-card
      tap_action:
        action: call-service
        service: climate.set_temperature
        service_data:
          temperature: 13
          entity_id: climate.tze200_b6wax7g0_ts0601_thermostat
      name: SET LOW
      show_icon: false
      color_type: card
      color: blue
      styles:
        card:
          - '--mdc-ripple-color': gray
          - '--mdc-ripple-press-opacity': 0.5
    - type: gauge
      entity: sensor.rad_2_setting
      min: 0
      max: 30
      name: Set to
    - type: gauge
      entity: sensor.rad_2_temp
      min: 0
      max: 30
      name: Reading
  square: false
  title: Bedroom radiator
  columns: 2

I’ve deleted a little detail about the thermostat entity itself.

However, I also have it in an entities configuration card. Its configuration is very simple:

If I click on the radiator row, I get a pop up and can change the set temperature of the radiator directly to any value I choose.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Hello,
recentrly i ordered yet another clone of “Siterwell GS361A-H04” from company called TESLA:
https://www.teslasmart.com/cz/tesla-smart-thermostatic-valve-style But i have problem that when i OFF state & ON state manually set on device i am unable to change temperature and value from HA. Also sometimes after changing value there is a big delay or sometimes even revert to old value. also in Z2M

Running state and position never change from N/A. I am grateful for any advice.

-Jonatan

When you say it is on auto mode, doesn’t it switch temperature constantly? Me and some others, had it on auto mode but it felt weird that it automatically changes the temperature through some hidden magic (also in summer).
Have it constantly switched on now with a low temperature so that it only heats when temperature drops below.

I don’t have this kind of behavior,.
i have set automations to change temperatures.
No changes out of temperature settings

Well, I just added a new valve and have the same behavior if it’s set to auto mode.
I have to set the preset value to manual to solve this.

I have my TRVs in manual mode. I then set their values using automations (I use Node-RED). For example, for our bedroom radiator, I only set it “high” for an hour or so before we get up and similarly before we go to bed. Otherwise it’s set low - why heat a room when nobody is in it?!

Could you describe or post a picture of the rubber thickness you added? I think I need to do this and just thought it might help to know what worked for you.

Thanks.

I fabricated them of different radius because I didn’t know (I didn’t actually measured in advance) the right dimension.