I am totally noob with zigbee and tuya. And i need advice for smart thermostatic radiator valves

newer moder is even cheaper than older one? is it correct.

Seriously guys: does this new/prev mean 2 subsequent releases, suggesting this “new” is better?
I was looking around and the one with black display background is branded for one company with tuya compatibility remark. While the white seems to be tuya incl white-labelled for several brands.

Can you compare one to each other, in regard of quality, features etc?

I’m seriously starving for next “smart” house improvements while trvs seem to be on the desk just before a winter.

Well I say new and old, indeed I was wrong. Anyway, these are two different models and the first one I quoted is way easier to get and has more modes than the one which @dzegarra has integrated.

The real question is do you think the HY368 is currently supported by zigbee2mqtt ?

€ 17,33 50%OFF | ZigBee Wifi Smart TRV Radiator Actuator Thermostatic Radiator Valve Tuya Temperature Controller Voice Remote Control Google Home

Hello Guillaume,
Have you made any progress on your side?

@dzegarra, do you know if the TRV acta as a zigbee router (extend the signal) or as an endpoint? How do they appear on your Zigbee network map?

That’s not a new model. It’s another brand named “Doublewell”. Although, if they use the Tuya services you should be able to follow the same procedure I did to reverse engineer the commands.

A very few Zigbee devices implement the “router” feature. I think is for saving costs (chips with that feature are more expensive?) or because that functionality makes the device consume more energy (not ideal for battery devices). My Siterwell GS361A-H04 for sure doesn’t have it.

Hi everyone!
Thank you so much for the post.

I have seen this seller in Aliexpress,
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BPRGW7, selling the Tuya TRV Radiator Actuador Zigbee 3.0. It looks like, It works with zigbee2mqqt, as per buyers comments, It says that in order to control the thermostatic head from ZigBee2mqtt the icons have to be on.

I am a bit confused, there are some different models of this valves, i’m not totally sure if they are going ti work with zigbee2mqqt.

The doubt I have is in case they cannot be integrated into Home Assistant through zigbee2mqqt, they could be integrated into Home Assistant through the application of tuya with its hub.

Thank you so much in advance for your help,

Enrique.

Some of Ali-express offers list HY368 model. How much different it is from TuYa TS0601?
On zigbee2mqtt pages I can see this tuya while-labeled to various models of different brands: 378RT, HY369RT.

What about compatibility between those model numbers? Is HY368 supported?
Do you know how to “read” those model numbers? which one is “better” or newer ? Should I buy devices with exact model number listed in specs even if those look the same?

Hello mgin,
I finally did not buy this valve I went on the model here with deconz

1 Like

Hi everyone,
So I finally received my 5pcs of siterwell TRVs. Yesterday I installed the first one, but battery is draining too fast, I guess.

The batteries are those which TRV came with. Do you have any experiences with this issue? What will happen if batteries will discharge? Will I have to pair TRV again?

Thank you so much.

Hi all!
Matthew did you manage to find out why the battery is draining so fast? Apart of the battery draining the rest of the features are working properly?

Thank you so much in advance for your help,

Enrique.

Hi @euqiuq,
I changed batteries and it’s showing me 100% for about three days now. Still not sure if this is correct, since none % dropped in three days makes me a little bit skeptic… :smiley:

Hi @matthewSK,

Thank you so much for sharing this information.

It looks like os going ti work! Finger crossed.

In regards the rest of functionalities, are they working properly? Can you control all of them throught ZigBee2mqtt?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Enrique.

Hi all again,

I hope you all are doing well!

I am a bit confused about this TRVs, I am trying without success buying these TRVs, but I don’t find in the supplier’s web page the product available.
In alibaba, in the only place I found them, they have this model GS361A-H14, and in the zigbee2mqtt web page, they specify that the support is for this other model GS361A-H04.

Could you please give me a hand with this please? Where did you buy the TRVs? Is this the correct product: https://spanish.alibaba.com/product-detail/siterwell-tuya-bluetooth-thermostat-radiator-valve-wireless-smart-trv-programmable-radiator-heating-thermostat-62579009145.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_image.11e7344f4GqjX6

Which version of zigbee2mqtt are you running?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help,
Enrique.

@matthewSK

Hi, sorry to bother you.

Are you running the last version of ZigBee2mqtt?

How can I place the order in the Alibaba supplier?

Thanks a lot!

Ordered but not received yet

€ 21,61 | TUYA Zigbee TRV Thermostat Valve Thermostatic Radiator Valve Controller Heater Temperature Voice Control Works with Google Home

Hi @euqiuq,
Sorry for late response. I ordered it directly from alibaba supplier, which has been mentioned here several times:

Just write a message to supplier for version you are interested in. Package came in about one week.

Related to your previous post, yes zigbee2mqtt is working great with one I already installed (thanks @dzegarra). It’s little bit delayed when you control it via latest version of HASS, but it’s working. Right now I’m still at 100% of battery, so really don’t know if it’s ok, or what it going on. :slight_smile:

Do you mean exact version which is supported by zigbee2mqtt (GS361A-H04) ?
I suppose no one knows difference between H04 and H14 yet and if H14 is supported by zigbee@mqtt (?)

with regards

Not sure, but I guess H14 is bluetooth or wifi version. AFAIK, there are zigbee and bluetooth/wifi versions of those TRVs. I just asked supplier for zigbee tuya version and received H04 version. I’m not able to find any info related to GS361A-H14, but based on official siterwell site all other sensors with H14 specification are wifi version. And since H14 is most probably not zigbee version it will not be compatible with zigbee2mqtt.

1 Like