I cannot restore home assistant backup

Please help !!!
I have an HA on Rpi4 + SSD + Debian11 + Docker. After the crash, I installed a clean system. I’m trying to restore Google Backup. However, after rebooting, the system does not wake up anymore. I have tried several times. I only have access to SSH.

It’s 2 days I’m in the exact same situation. I’ve tried everything I knew, also via CLI. No backup can be restored anymore. Also, if I try a fresh install of an old version of HAOS, like 7.1, it doesn’t boot up until it has been connected to the internet and performed an update of supervisor and core. Therefore I cannot even try with older backups.

Actual config: Core 2022.03.3 / Supervisor 2022.03.3 / HAOS 7.4
Latest Backup: HA 2022.03.1

Please someone point us out of this situation! :wink:

I’m having a similar issue. I was/am running core-2021.8.4 with OS 6.2 and have a separate fresh install of core-2022.3.3 with OS 7.4

On the startup/onboarding screen I select restore from backup and try a partial restore of everything except HA itself but when I click “Restore” nothing happens. I thought it might be due to the version delta between my backup and the target version I’m trying to restore into but I’ve seen enough comments recently about restores not working that makes it sound like there’s another issue in the mix here?

I have the same problem, is is broken at the moment Can't restore folders from a backup in Supervisor 2022.03.2 · Issue #3501 · home-assistant/supervisor · GitHub
There is a fix submitted, but there is no stable/beta release at the moment.
We have to wait for an hotfix, there is nothing we can do at the moment.

Hey guys, I was able to restore a backup by downgrading the Core version and then restoring my backup.
I ran the following command line :slight_smile:
core update --version 2021.12.4

After a while, had a prompt saying the operation was successful, then I was able to restore my backup (had to wait quite a long time though).

1 Like

Do you think you can quantify the time? I have a 238MB Full Restore and it’s been running for 4 hours, but the command line looks like nothing is happening…makes me think it failed.

It’s been a while but I don’t think I had to wait this long :confused:
Sorry cannot be of more help

Had the same issue.

Went into the fresh install and updated to the most recent HA version.

Once updated I re-ran backup and it worked.

what was your result? I am doing a 170MB full restore and I have been waiting for 30 minutes but not sure how to check if the restore is actually happening…

Did any of you ever solve it ? I have a full backup (730MB) and went from a Pi4 2gb to a Pi4 4gb the backup is a day old and I cant restore the backup, I do a fresh install and am able to acces the onboarding screen then I upload the backup and nothing works anymore, I have waited for several hours.

Happened to me as well. My raspberry pi 3 died few days ago… The house bell is not working… nothing… need to press with the finger on the button to turn on the light . Crazy :rofl:

Anyway, got myself new pi 4, installed new fresh hassio and did the restore… boom. Nothing work again… connected the pi to screen saw the cli waiting for something… connected a keyboard ans started to play. Ran ‘host reboot’, after a while a full reboot was made… but still no result. Played a bit more. And then ran ‘core restart’…
And then waiting…

:partying_face: Works great…

Note that after the new installation the up address is different… so maybe it smart before doing the restore to change the IP to the old one. And then do the restore. I didn’t do it though.

Hope it helps someone