I can't edit or delete helpers

Hi everybody,

i can’t delete or edit any of the helpers i created with the UI.

When i select the gear icon on a helper nothing shows.

When i try and delete a helpers under the entities page i get this error.

I’m running the following:

Home Assistant 2023.7.1
Supervisor 2023.07.1
Operating System 10.3
Frontend 20230705.1 - latest

1 Like

Are you editing this on your phone or computer? I have had similar issues on both but it sometimes resolves on the computer after restarting HA, but not on my phone app :confused:

Same issue here… I already tried to reboot the system multiple times but nothing helps.
Maybe after an update this issue is solved…

This could be an issue with your theme. Try temporarily switching back to the default theme.

I have the same issue, both on mobile App as well as on Desktop (using edge)

Same here. All browsers i tried are affected. Using the Default HA Theme

Same, but just with counters
We’ve never used YAML to create them, always created in the GUI helper section.

I thought it might be a legacy issue with old ones upgrading through versions of HA, so created a test one and it’s the same. And now I can’t delete it :man_facepalming:

Thought it may be due to omitting it from recorder, but tested with it enabled again and no change

All other helpers seem to be ok. It’s just the counters

Logged in Github

1 Like

For me it’s all helpers. None are editable. Quite frustrating. Restarting didn’t help either. I’m on the default theme.

Edit: ah, binary_sensor does still work!

1 Like

Can confirm. Just made a counter and realised it’s not what I want and can not delete.
Will follow the linked issue.

1 Like

Solution for me was to go straight into the helpers in a new tab eq. http://homeassistant.local:8123/config/helpers
Navigate to the helpers from setting is indeed not working.

13 Likes

Updating Core to 2023.10.2 fixed it for me

1 Like

Can confirm, typing directly the url http://homeassistant.local:8123/config/helpers in a new browser tab worked for me too

5 Likes

Temporarily switching back to the default theme and reloading the browser page did it for me.

I’m just mentioning that I’m having this problem also. I’m not using any themes. Any time I need to change a helper, I have to go open a new tab and navigate to the https://[url]/config/helpers for some reason for the helper’s options page to appear properly. I use traefik as a proxy, but it’s not because of that, because it also does this if I hit it from it’s IP address directly.

I’m wondering if it’s “Header Authentication” off HACS, if anyone else is still having this problem, do you have this installed?

I don’t have this installed, but still encountered the issue.

As others have reported, @MISEV’s solution of copying and pasting the direct URL into a new tab also successfully loads the page for me.

I ran into this issue as well. I did a hard reload and cleared the browser cache and that fixed the issue for me.

1 Like

April 2024 participating:

With 2024.3.3 the same issue persist, and the same workaround still works :slight_smile:

• Core2024.3.3
  • Supervisor2024.03.1
  • Operating System12.1
  • Frontend20240307.0
1 Like

i just bumped into this (only have HA for a week) - raspi5/8gb/Argon Neo 5M.2NVME core 2024.4.3 , using firefox at the moment , what you suggest fixes it, but apparently just pressing F5 (or “refresh”) fixes it too if you come in via settings … no idea where the beetle hides but it feels like a browser thing . I noticed firefox ESR closing windows a lot before i can click save too but thats offtopic here

Update- FYI
When you click on the gear icon of the helper and you only get the header…
Clear the browser cache.

Now when you click on the gear icon you should be able to edit or delete the helper.