I cant install Supervisor in my home assistant that is in a raspberry pi

I have a Raspberry pi 5 with a Raspberry pi OS 64 bits. I cant advance in my project because I am trying to install Supervisor. This is to allow me to install the plugins I need However, although I am following the guide GitHub - home-assistant/supervised-installer: Installer for a generic Linux system step by step I receive errors and I don’t get it to work.
when I apply the command apt install ./homeassistant-supervised.deb, I receive the error:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
homeassistant-supervised : PreDepends: os-agent but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
The os agent package is correctly installed. I don´t know if it doesn´t work because of the error or what is the problem but I am getting crazy with this matter This is killing me. So any help you can provide me will be wellcome. Thank you

Did you read the requirements for a supervised install ? Debian, no derivatives. Raspberry OS is not Debian.

1 Like

The way I see it, you have three options:

1. If you want Home Assistant Supervised, it must run on Debian, not Raspbian. Also the rule is that nothing else should be run on the host but some people do so.
  2. If you install HAOS it will have all the same bells and whistles but you will not be able to install anything else on the host that is not something within HA (meaning, nothing else on the host hardware).
  3. You can install an OS that allows a VM to be installed on the host so you can also then install HAOS on that VM to do other things with the host besides HAOS, however, then you run may into an issue with running out of resources on that little machine. Proxmox would take up too many resources most likely but also is not fully suppoprted on the RPI5 yet. QEMU with HAOS as a VM will work (which is what I am doing as a tinkerer), just keep in mind then you will not be able to take VM snapshots in that setup…

Alot of people use a NUC istead of an RPI - even the cheap used ones are more powerful than the PI - then you can use ProxMox (which is also free) and then take snapshots etc… but I am really fan of the RPI, they are amazing little things. As a backup I am not only using the Google Drive Backup, but from time to time I just clone the whole SSD I have everything running on…

Hi KruseLuds, Thank you vour your answer. I have already tried to install an HAOS but in the "Imager software I allways get the same popup
Sin nombre
This is I can´t create FAT partitions in spite of I format all my 128 GB card with FAT format. This is cracyness. I don’t know what to do

Regards

Try belana etcher

Thank you, I just downloaded the software but it looks like to be make for other purposes since It needs an image file in order to flash it in the card. Thank you anyway. If you think about another possibility please let me know.
Regards

Download the image from here:

https://github.com/home-assistant/operating-system/releases/download/13.1/haos_rpi4-64-13.1.img.xz

open the .xz with 7zip and you have your image for etcher.

It does not allow me to install it. Are you sure this is for debian?

Regards

Choose the one for your hardware. I linked the one for Pi5 under that link

HAOS does not run on an OS, it IS the OS (in oither words, Debian is within it).

Hi

That is why I have tried to use a virtual machine with windows 10 for formating the card. whoevver for some reason, the virtual machine does not accept SD Cards it all is very extrange. Anyway the system looks like to be working in spite of the error. I don´t understand anything

Regards

Don’t use a MicroSDCard at all, leave the slot EMPTY (except for when you are setting it up of course). The whole system crawls with a MicrSDCard. Attach an SSD and have it boot off of that directly, and watch it fly. In literally EVERY sense of the word, the difference is RIDICULOUS.

Hi friends

my Windows VM does not recognize the card anyway. I will try to go to my sister’s home who uses windows in her computer and do it there.In the meantime, the card is working fine. No problems. I don’t understand anything.

Regards