I fight then i pray

Disagree with you there. I think wall mounted tablets look ridiculous.

I have a window to check the weather :wink: , the point you’re missing is what do you do with that information? If you look at your tablet in the wall and say “looks like it’s getting cold, I’ll turn the heating on” you’re doing it wrong. Homeassistant should have turned the heating on for you.

Now this you do potentially need a UI for, but why would you want to walk to a tablet on the wall to see it rather than stay on the sofa and check your phone? Or get Alexa to read it out to you? OK, so you decide you want to use the ui, but how jazzy does it need to be? Again, the point you missed here is the difference between functional things that you do need a UI for, and what homeassistant should be doing for you.

5 Likes

What Marc said :slight_smile:
I had a floorplan and everything nicely designed in the past, but at one point I noticed I almost never used it and it was more showing off to friends and family how cool it is.
Now I only “designed” my system monitoring pages, but also this it’s just to feed the geek in me, I will be notified about all the things that I need from these pages like high CPU temp or update available.

4 Likes

You may be right in some things, but I think that expressing a personal opinion is not a bad thing, and above all it is up to each of us to decide how to create the structure of the house. Or am i wrong?

Not at all, but the structure of the house isn’t what’s being discussed here - it’s ‘how jazzy does the UI for homeassistant need to be’.

Of course there are things that will always need to be done in the UI, regardless of how you choose to structure it, but the UI just needs to be ‘good’ and functional imo.

1 Like

Yes, I have to agree on this. I know that we have turned a bit, but I just wanted to express that HA is a great project and not completely finished, it is just still evolving.

1 Like

I think you are not in the right place @supertabouret.
HA is not for commercial purposes, I think you should already know that.
You must keept to continue to fight and pray :sweat_smile:

@Joca Commercial smart systems have same weaknesses the opposite way. ST has great UI and buildflow but miss devices. HA has almost all devices but lack of sexy UI. In between both we have Homey. It s life, i am impressed with HA and have a lot of respectfor the amazingsdevs and commuity. I just when wonder who will make the correct smart system.

If anybody reading that has the skill to push HA, let me know i had be happy to share my guidelines for the final step that would kill all the others.

You must ask to brands, because you pay for that…

Isn’t this kinda like comparing Ferrari, Honda and Mercedes? All make cars but goal, customer, price point, etc all different. No one is truly bad or good just different implementations and comparison is a bit silly.

1 Like

Perhaps the feeling of aggression was introduced by your post’s title: “I fight and then I pray”

Can you point out what was objective in your first post? It was difficult to find among all the complaining.

3 Likes

And also include what part of the UI you feel is so not attractive, and what you have done to try and change that.

2 Likes

In this time of the year : check if I have to cover the front window of my car, so I don’t have to defrost it in the morning going to work. Still can’t automate that. :slight_smile:

You could automate notifications for that.

I do this exact thing in the summer for letting me know if I should open the windows to cool the house off or close them and let the air conditioning do it.

1 Like

Exactly. And you can actually fine tune that notification really well. Somewhere on these forums is a ‘bad weather’ sensor that I created that warns of frost, snow and heavy rain.

You definitely shouldn’t be staring at a tablet on the wall trying to work this out yourself.

I don’t rely on notifications. I’m the kind of person who always forgets to take his mobile phone with me when I’m at home (and even when I get out I often forget it). People who know me use my landline to call me when I’m home.

Can’t tell if you’re deliberately ignoring the capabilities of your system, or you’re just not thinking about the possibilities - but ‘notification’ doesn’t have to be via your phone.

You can use tts to make a tannoy announcement around the house “cover the car!”, you can flash a light or turn it red, or cycle some led lights different colours. You can flash a message up on your TV, tons of possibilities.

Not to mention that the next car you buy, you will probably be able to get it to automatically warm up 10 minutes before you go out if it was frosty over night.

You just need to think bigger :wink:

@Joca
i paid fo rnothing, they were existing before i came in the match

@tmjpugh
I am not ok about that because the Ferrari does not exist. It s only twingos right now.

Ok I’m just going to ask it right out now.
Is your name by any chance Will?
And you have some kind of disability?
And is currently on sedatives so that your posts are slightly less aggressive than in the past?

Because you are just like Will, complain and don’t say why.
Instead of saying what is wrong you give such a broad complain that it’s impossible to help.

2 Likes

Well, this one seems to have got “a little” off track. Time for a lock and everybody to take a step back :wink:

Can I just remind everybody to read the Code of Conduct before you go though.

2 Likes