I have problems with the docker compose installation

Hi, I’m still using the same raspbian distro derived from Debian, I’ve seen that the way things are installed in raspbian change a bit, now I’m installing docker.
Docker does not install on raspbian like this in the official documentation for linux, it has another way, its installation seemed shorter than Debian and I even created my first container that is portainer, but now I have a problem with the installation of docker-compose Since it presents me with the following error, has anyone been able to solve it?

The error message is complaining about the first line of the docker-compose.yml file. What do you have in that file? Please post its contents.

1 Like

docker compose is not needed. https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/installation/docker/

When I try to enter with the cat command. It tells me “Not found”

If I need docker compose, I have my system based on it

Whatever.

Please stop posting pictures of your text. Copy and paste!

Why? I want to be as clear as possible and know if someone is having this problem because I have been with it for a long time

We can’t search within a picture.

/usr/local/bin/docker-compose: line 1: Not: command not found

ok this is the error, Thank you, I had not realized

The rest are the methods I have tried to solve install with pip and sudo apt-get install docker compose is what I use

You typed it wrong

sudo apt-get install docker-compose

Because the command you used was incorrect.

We need to see the contents of docker-compose.yml. You ran a command to display the contents of docker-compose. Do you see the difference?

Please try again and this time, don’t forget the .yml part. In addition, please copy-paste the contents of the file into your post, as opposed to inserting a screenshot. Trust me when I say that in this situation a screenshot is the least useful way to present the information we are requesting.

My friend, see, I have docker compose installed correctly.
but the same thing keeps appearing to me. The problem still persists

when I try to enter the
/ usr / local / bin / docker-compose with the cat command
I indicate
Not found pi @ raspberrypi: / usr / local / bin $

Are you seriously running home assistant on a desktop raspbian version and control it through VNC? That’ seems overly complicated and unnecessary to me. But, whatever floats your boat.

in the home directory enter

cat docker-compose.yml

and post the output here. And don’t post a screenshot, copy the text, paste it here and highlight the text, press the </> button at the top, done.

pi@raspberrypi:~/Docker/hassio/docker-compose $ cat docker-compose.yml
version: ‘3.8’

services:

hasio:
container_name: Homeassistant
image: homeassistant/home-assistant
volumes:
- /home/briosgame/domospeed/home:/config
- /etc/letsencrypt:/certs
environment:
- TZ=America/Bogota
restart: always
network_mode: host

node-red:
image: nodered/node-red:latest
container_name: NodeRed
environment:
- TZ=America/Bogota
ports:
- “1880:1880”
volumes:
- home/briosgame/domospeed/node-red

pi@raspberrypi:~/Docker/hassio/docker-compose $

Please format your code correctly! The indentation is important. And you get the error when you are in the same directory as the docker-compose.yml file and enter

docker-compose up -d

?

/ usr / /local / bin is not a linux directory. /usr/local/bin is.

I know this is an old thread, but when looking for some other problem I found it and realised that it might be the same problem I first had when trying to install and run docker-compose according to the official instructions.
When you run the command on an unsupported OS (e.g. Raspberry Pi), there is no binary for it, so the output file is “Not found”.

sudo curl -L "https://github.com/docker/compose/releases/download/1.28.2/docker-compose-$(uname -s)-$(uname -m)" -o /usr/local/bin/docker-compose

When I did this, my docker-compose executable was just a text file containing “Not found” so I had to use the alternative install (also on those instructions).
The command doesn’t actually “fail”, so you might not notice that it didn’t download anything useful!