I installed MQTT and Zigbee2MQTT but it seems my Sonoff TI CC2652P dongle is not configured

Hi, newbie here! I followed 2 videos to install MQTT and Z2M:

How To Install MQTT on Home Assistant - Step By Step Guide 2022
by Home Tech

Install Zigbee2MQTT THE RIGHT WAY in Home Assistant!
by Smart Home Junkie

First question: do I need both?

However!

When I go to Devices & services, I see there:

Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus
Zigbee Home Automation
[CONFIGURE] [IGNORE]

When I try to configure, I get an error: AN UNKNOWN ERROR OCCURED.

I did find some errors in a log:

Zigbee2MQTT:error 2024-03-03 11:22:18: Request ‘zigbee2mqtt/bridge/request/permit_join’ failed with error: ‘SREQ ‘–> ZDO - mgmtPermitJoinReq - {“addrmode”:15,“dstaddr”:65532,“duration”:254,“tcsignificance”:0}’ failed with status ‘(0xc2: NWK_INVALID_REQUEST)’ (expected ‘(0x00: SUCCESS)’)’

Zigbee2MQTT:info 2024-03-03 11:22:18: MQTT publish: topic ‘zigbee2mqtt/bridge/response/permit_join’, payload ‘{“data”:{},“error”:“SREQ ‘–> ZDO - mgmtPermitJoinReq - {"addrmode":15,"dstaddr":65532,"duration":254,"tcsignificance":0}’ failed with status ‘(0xc2: NWK_INVALID_REQUEST)’ (expected ‘(0x00: SUCCESS)’)”,“status”:“error”}’

What did I do wrong?

Both what? MQTT And Zigbee2MQTT? If so, yes. MQTT is a protocol which Zigbee2MQTT uses to talk to HA.

Zigbee Home Automation (ZHA) and Zigbee2MQTT are two different things. You can only run one of them with a single Zigbee dongle, not both. If you plan on using Z2M you ignore / remove ZHA.

1 Like

I see. I thought it was the dongle that had to be configured.
But it’s ZHA, I see that now.
It’s a bit confusing if you ask me, but okay.

Follow-up question: how do I delete that “discovered” integration? AFAICT, you can ignore it, but you can’t delete it.