I like to share my solution for WIFI based presence tracking in my house: https://github.com/denkuppens/HomeAssistant/tree/main/OpenWrtPresenceDetection
This is a solution to track WIFI devices in a home using one or more OpenWrt WIFI access points in combination with Home Assistant.
Read this before reading the whole story because it might not be useable in your situation because you need:
- One or more router and accesspoints flashed with OpenWrt firmware
- Home Assistant
- MQTT server that is connected to Home Assistant
- Optional: WIFI Fast roaming enabled on all OpenWrt APs
- Optional: IOT devices, MQTT server and Home Assistant running in a protected VLAN which can’t access the router
- To know how to create scripts and automations in Home Assistant
Perhaps its useful for someone else.