I m new hassio stucked in my first code and stucked for 3 hours...need guidance

For future reference, virtually all forums follow the same etiquette: don’t create multiple identical topics (also called ‘threads’). It’s called ‘spamming the forum’ and it is undesirable for many reasons including inefficiency: the answers to your question will be spread out over multiple threads. As you’ve seen, one of the forum moderators has consolidated your two threads by closing one and moving its contents to this one.

I am confident that the people who regularly answer questions know how to scroll a list.

People volunteer their time and expertise to answer questions. You may have noticed that you received responses (in both of your threads) fairly promptly. That’s impressive considering this is a free service done entirely on a voluntary basis. However, there’s no implied guarantee that the responses are correct, comprehensive, clear, or complete. It may take more than one person to respond to completely solve a problem.

Your part in this arrangement is to simply provide detailed information and … wait. Imagine if everyone here (there are over 45000 members) asked questions in multiple threads, repeatedly pleaded for help (every few minutes), and sent Private Messages (PM) to anyone who had responded as a way to draw them back to the discussion. I can’t speak for others but, if it worked like that, I wouldn’t be as active on this forum as I currently am.

It was a partial message; it contained nothing other than the answer I offered you. However, I understood its intent. It was meant to remind prod me to return to the discussion and continue to solve your problem. I’ve been a member here for almost a year now, and have helped hundreds of people, and that’s the first time anyone has ever done that.

To be clear, no one is under any obligation to provide assistance (let alone continual assistance per the questioner’s schedule), it’s all done on a voluntary basis and ‘at their pleasure’. On a personal note, there are some threads that, due to various reasons (my lack of interest or time or expertise), I choose not to participate in or to simply limit my participation. I imagine others may work the same way.

Everything I said, and much more, is described in the link I provided earlier: How to help us help you - or How to ask a good question

The combination of all the answers you’ve received should have cleared up most, if not all, of your error messages. Welcome to the community and good luck with your automation.

2 Likes