I need a help to do state configuration setting

Hi Everyone.

I like to seek a help here to understand what I read from zigbee2mqtt documentation. FYI, english is not my 1st language.

The current state of this switch is in the published state under the state_left property (value is ON or OFF ). To control this switch publish a message to topic zigbee2mqtt/FRIENDLY_NAME/set with payload {"state_left": "ON"} , {"state_left": "OFF"} or {"state_left": "TOGGLE"}

I need to understand where should i put this configuration? Is it in the configuration.yaml?

Actually Im trying to experiment whether I can solve my wall switch issue which is currently not update the device state in home assistant if I press manually on the switch.

Thanks.

I would first install MQTT Explorer, link below, and watched the raw MQTT messages that Zigbee2MQTT is sending and receiving. You can also publish zigbee2mqtt command messages, such as your ‘set’ command from the MQTT Explorer program and observe the reaction of your devices. Also, monitor your zigbee2mqtt log, and if necessary, increase the logging level for zigbee2mqtt to ‘debug’.

Thank you for your feedback. I will try to study about it and do what I can.