I'am using Nmap tracker to find if somebody is at home, but sometimes it fails

Hi, I’am using Nmap tracker to find out if somebody is at home, but sometimes it fails
Is there a better solution to find out if somebody is at home. I don’t like the location tracker on my phone. It eats to much battery.

I’m using it now for almost 5 year. A few months ago I had some problems with it, but it solved itself. I do have a DHCP-reservation for my phone, so it is always the same IP-address.

No Ip reservation. The problem is: If I’m at home sitting for a long time at my desk without moving, the status went from home to away. Or if I’m sleeping then now and then the status went to I’m away.

Could possible be the phone disconnecting from the network. I use ping trackers, which would be similar to nmap, and have had problems at time with devices disconnecting and showing up as away. Androids don’t typically have an issue except during updates, but apple devices disconnect a lot.

I think that my mobile is disconnected from the network. If I scan my wifi network my phone is not on it. But is ping working if the mobile is disconnected from the network?

Ping will also fail if the mobile is disconnects from the network. However you set a time limit with the ping tracker, so I require the phone to be disconnected from the network (can’t be pinged) for 5 minutes before I have it reported as away.

I don’t understand :

so I require the phone to be disconnected from the network (can’t be pinged) for 5 minutes before I have it reported as away.

How do you that? The phone will be disconnected automatically?

The ping tracker is an integration. You add the ping integration. You then add an entry on this integration. When you add the entry you give the ip address or domain name for the device. It also has a field for how long the user must be disconnected from the network to be reported away. So the phone connects to the wifi network. If you leave the house it will disconnect from wifi. It will wait the time period you specified before reporting you as away. There is some period for how ofter the ping runs, I can remember what that value is. Anyway assuming your phone connects back to the wifi within the time period then you will not be reported as away. For me I like it being a little slow to report me as away. If I walk out to the mailbox and drop off the nextwork, as long as the phone successfully reconnects within 5 minutes I’m not reported as away. If I really leave the area then I’ll be disconnected from the wifi, so the system will then identify me as away.