iBeacon Integration finds rivian phone sensor - what is it?

Hi - I installed the iBeacon integration as I’m interested in exploring the use of BLE beacons as presence detectors. I haven’t really done anything with it so far, but I noticed it’s reporting on estimated distance to several Rivian phone sensors. I have no idea what these are - but from a bit of googling they appear to be phones enabled as car keys. Although I have subaru’s app set up on my phone I don’t have the phone set up as any kind of proximity-device that would function to unlock the car. So I’m guessing this is detecting someone else’s phone.

However, I have no idea how to determine what it’s picking up. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Same here, our Rasp detected a Rivian Sensor 3 8701, as we are a public place I don’t have any idea what this is…

Hello,
I have a similar sensor showing up, Rivian Phone Key. I don’t own a Rivian. Anyone figure out what this is?

I have a theory that these are Amazon delivery trucks. I don’t know if the drivers put the keys in their pocket so they get picked up when the drivers come to the porch? I know Amazon are using Rivian trucks and I just don’t see that many personal Rivians passing through my neighborhood.

I think @kevindgoff might be on to something, although it’s tough to tell because I live on a super busy street and could totally imagine 32 Rivian’s driving by my house in the last 2 weeks since I set up my HA lol :stuck_out_tongue: