IBlinds state not up to date in Home Assistant

Good morning,
First off, I’m new to Home Assistant. I’ve been using it for only two weeks now, so I’m still a bit overwhelmed with it all. I’ve migrated all 73 of my Z-Wave devices from Vera Plus, which I used for 7 or 8 years, to Home Assistant using a RPI and Aeotec Z wave stick 7. Most devices are working fine. Every room in my house has at least a z-wave on/off switch hard wired that should act as a repeater to each room.

I”m running into an issue in several rooms where I’ve got automation set up to open iBlinds v2 motors after sunrise, and close at sunset. Home Assistant doesn’t seem to have many of their states as current, so it may think they’re already open, so when the open command is sent, it doesn’t do anything, and they stay closed. I’ve also noticed a few of them I’ve had to manually go through the house and Ping them and press the button on the blind to wake them back up.

Is there anything I can do to keep the state accurate and to stop having to go around the house to wake them up? I used them in Vera for years, included as General Z-Wave devices, and then configured as Window Coverings in the settings, and they worked fine for the most part.

I’m using the Z-Wave JS UI.

Is you stick FW on at least 7.17.2? Also are you using at least a 3’ USB extension cable between your pi and stick?

Yes, I updated the firmware right after getting it configured on my pi (FW: v7.17.2). I’m using a USB extension cord as well, at least 3 feet away from the RPI. I initally didn’t know about that part, and it casued issues for my first day, but after I added the extension, all the devices showed up as either “alive” or “asleep” (for the battery-powered devices).