Icasa remote with deconz

Hi all,

I’m trying to get this remote working with deconz:
https://www.icasa.io/afstandsbediening

And so far it’s working relatively good, that’s to say 8 of the 12 buttons work.

ICZB-RM11S

I can see button 1-10 firing events in home assistant > developer tools > events > listen to events

Button 11 & 12 do not show up at all.

Button 9 seem to trigger same ID and Event value as button 2 does, but with a different context ID

Button 2:

Event 0 fired 11:28 AM:

{
    "event_type": "deconz_event",
    "data": {
        "id": "iczb_rm11s_6",
        "unique_id": "cc:cc:cc:ff:fe:26:a0:75",
        "event": 8002
    },
    "origin": "LOCAL",
    "time_fired": "2019-12-27T10:28:09.013482+00:00",
    "context": {
        "id": "05815e5b6ac64aa39252ffbc3ba91d35",
        "parent_id": null,
        "user_id": null
    }
}

Button9:

Event 10 fired 11:28 AM:

{
    "event_type": "deconz_event",
    "data": {
        "id": "iczb_rm11s_6",
        "unique_id": "cc:cc:cc:ff:fe:26:a0:75",
        "event": 8002
    },
    "origin": "LOCAL",
    "time_fired": "2019-12-27T10:28:48.934219+00:00",
    "context": {
        "id": "6d37f385cfa446f58a781f42ec541f3a",
        "parent_id": null,
        "user_id": null
    }
}

Similar story with button 1 & 10… Is there a way to cope with this in my automation.yaml?

Also how could I get button 11 & 12 working? I have access to the phoscon app over vnc, and if needed I can provide pcap files of the traffic

Ok, so to answer part of my own question :blush:

The ID & Event from buttons 1 & 2 changes depending on which buttons I last used… If I pressed buttons 9 or 10, the ID & Event will be from that couple of buttons, if I pressed 3 or 4, it will come from those. The ContextID always changes btw. I wander how this is implemented with other Icasa components, not really sure tbh…

Well that still leaves me with 8 working buttons I guess :roll_eyes:

I’ve got the same remote. Buttons 11 and 12 do show up for me, event codes 9002 and 10002. So that’s 10 out of 12 on deconz version 2.05.72 / 12/12/2019, firmware 264A0700 :slight_smile:

I’ve got the same results for button 1 and 2. So no luck there. Looking at https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/pull/1978 there is some active development for the remote

I like the remote a lot so hopefully support is coming soon

edit:
buttons 11 and 12 only send event 9002 and 10002 if button 3 or 4 was pressed last… bummer

@renze Tnx for the update!

Currently I’m not using the remote anymore, but I agree it’s a nice looking remote at a fair price (think I paid 27€), would be great if we could use it better…

how did you manage to connect the remote, i only see the battery status.
when i try to pair the device with phoscon no device is found.

what i try to do is:

Hold button 1 and 2 until led turns on and then press button 2, the led start flashing fast for a short period. But nothing happens.

When i repeat the pairing step, the led won’t flash fast. It only flashes 2 times, but still no device is found.

Can somewhen help?

Hi Ronnie,

An obligatory welcome to the community is in order :slight_smile:

I’m using deconz to pair most of my remotes, but this one I cannot.

The only way around this, atm is to couple actions to the dconz events sent to HA, so under developer tools > events you need to listen to events to find out what event codes are sent to HA (you can use the ones above from me and renze) than create automations in HA itself… can’t really post screens as I don’t have it configured now. I much prefer doing the pairing in deconz as opposed to HA…

Hi kurtj,

In what toppic do i obligate a welcome? can’t find where.

i try use youre code’s to maken an automation for the remote.
i’ll hope we all soon can pair this device the normal way.

thank’s!

Don’t worry, just an inside joke :grin: Whenever someone posts for the first time, there’s a message that states: it’s the first time this user posts, make sure to welcome them… You’ll notice it soon…

Yeah, it’s a great looking remote. We all hope it gets supported in deconz directly… at least I do as I prefer the pairing in deconz anyway. I can recommend the Ikea remotes, very cheap and work out of the box with deconz.

before buying best to check the deconz wiki here: Supported Devices · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin Wiki · GitHub

I try to be good :innocent: :rofl:

i’ll use the link next time, putting it in my bookmarks.

At this link it should be able to pair with deconz.

Yeah just noticed it’s on the dresden wiki as well, but it states it’s possible that though the rest api is working, the device might not be in the phoscon app just yet…

You could play around with selecting ‘other’ in the vendor list… if you succeed let us know :crossed_fingers:

Here i am again :sweat_smile: :innocent:,

i managed te listen to the remote to get some code’s, but how do i get to work them in automation’s.

Can anyone tel me how to set them up or have an example?

thnx!

i have the remote already working.

Hi, I bought the remote too and only get battery status etc. How did you get the remote working in HA?

I have the remote now too, and also looking for more info. Search is not helping me much, hoping you all can point me in the right direction.

Pairing worked but was not straight firward as the device pairs from phoscon without being detected by the pairing process itself. It is visible on the deCONZ VNC connection via HomeAssistant.

I can capture events for the buttons, trying to get some actions linked to them now…

And several searches later, I did find something that helps a bit.

Buttons AllOn/AllOff (1 and 2 from OP) cannot be controlled specifically. They send multiple commands, by design, for buttons 3 to 10 depending on previous press.

Buttons 3 to 10 send event 100? to 800?, where ? is 2 for a short press, 1 for long press and 3 for release after long press.

Buttons 11 and 12 send event 9002 and 10002; no long press actions for these available.

ID for my remote is iczb_rm11s_2

I created an automation trying to turn on/off a light with the remote, but the actions are not quite what I expected, yet.

Will play with it some more and report back if I find something that really works for me.