username: !secret icloud_username
    password: !secret icloud_app_specific_password
    url: !secret icloud_url
    calendars:
      - Family

Got the following error:

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 399, in _async_add_entity
raise HomeAssistantError(msg)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: calendar.family

Only see the calender entity at “states” in the developer tool but nothing in the entity register.

Same problem here… Renaming the calendar is an option of course, but not ideal…

Hi All, successfully setup my iCloud calendars and working for all calendars except for ‘Family’ which in iCloud is setup for iCloud Family Sharing. Its appearing as an entity in HA but will not display any events for it even though there are present. Like @doubleUS I too am using the Lovelace Calendar component.

Anyone else having issues displaying calendars that are setup for iCloud family sharing?

To update on this the family calendar seems to populate between reboots of HA. The error received in the logs seems to complain that the calendar.family already exists but if I reboot again it ‘sometimes’ appears.

Why would the calendar sometimes populate and sometimes not?

Great post and the calendars seem to work fine. But I can’t add calenders to the dashboard in a friendly way for the calendar type ‘custom:calendar-card’ is unknown. Any help would be nice.

For ‘custom:calendar-card’ to work, you need the following plugin: https://github.com/ljmerza/calendar-card

I’ve a question myself:

The iCloud calendar integration works pretty good, thank y’all for that (also for the really concise instructions how to get the necessary URLs!).

So, in theory, i can now get all my iCloud calendars into Home Assistant - yay :slight_smile:

However, i’ve only one (shared) calendar which i’m interested in and have that one also configured:

calendar:
  - platform: caldav
    username: !secret icloud_username
    password: !secret icloud_app_specific_password
    url: !secret icloud_url
    calendars:
      - Kalender-icloud

That one’s working fine - however, i want to also include a “public” iCloud calendar, which is available via an URL:

https://p05-calendars.icloud.com/holiday/DE_de.ics

“Deutsche Feiertage” - “German public holidays”

I didn’t manage to add this one, yet - what i’ve tried so far is adding another calendar in the configuration (via the ics-Integration from HACS):

- platform: ics
    calendars:
      - name: Feiertage
        url: https://p05-calendars.icloud.com/holiday/DE_de.ics
        includeAllDay: true

However, the calendar didn’t turn up :frowning:
Any pointers?

Found it, thank you!

I found this thread as I’ve been struggling to get calendar.family working in my setup. In the end I renamed the calendar in iCloud to something else and now working.

Same issue here. CalDav works for private calendars. However, much more interested in a public calendar. Current get an error:
“Entity id already exists - ignoring: calendar.family”
I don’t want to rename the calendar in iCloud. Ics could be one option: ICS Calendar platform

So it seems (to me) the custom calendar doesn’t work anymore in the latest version of Home Assistant. I now use the new Lovelace calendar card but I liked the one I had better. Any ideas how to get the old look back?

Im using iCloud Calendar and Atomic Calendar Add-on. Works great.

And do you use something like this as well?

dateBottomFormat: ddd
dateTopFormat: DD
entities:

• entity: calendar.familie
    name: Gezinsagenda
    hideHeader: false
    hideTime: false
    numberOfDays: ‘2’
    progressBar: true
    showEventOrigin: false
    showLocation: false
    showLocationIcon: false
    showMultiDay: false
    startFromToday: false
    timeFormat: ‘HH:mm’
    title: Gezinsagenda
    type: ‘custom:calendar-card’
type: 'custom:atomic-calendar-revive'
entities:
  - entity: calendar.werk
    color: red
  - entity: calendar.vangrail
    color: red
  - entity: calendar.werk_admin
    color: orange
firstDayOfWeek: 1
maxDaysToShow: 10
name: Werk
locationLinkColor: black
dateFormat: LL
defaultMode: Event
showDeclined: true
showDate: true
sortByStartTime: true
showRelativeTime: true
untilText: g
showLastCalendarWeek: true
disableCalEventLink: false
noEventsForTodayText: Nothing
fullDayEventText: All Day
showCurrentEventLine: true
showMonth: true
showFullDayProgress: true
showWeekDay: true
showNoEventsForToday: true
showEventIcon: false
hideFinishedEvents: true
disableCalLocationLink: false
dimFinishedEvents: true
showLoader: true
hoursFormat: 'HH:mm'
showProgressBar: true
progressBarColor: red
showColors: true
1 Like

Aaaah, ok, that works. Thank you!!!

1 Like

Does this calendar has the same problem as the calendar used to select the dates for logbook entries? This date selector always has the week start on sunday, which is not acceptable because the week starts on Monday. :slight_smile:

It does indeed start on sunday, but that is not really my problem. I do not want the calender view, just the items for today and tomorrow.

anyone know how to enable subscribed calendars from iCloud?

If you ever find out, let me know - that’s something i’ve tried (and failed) myself (also asked in this thread, but haven’t gotten a reply/hint).

1 Like