iCloud3 v2.1 Device Tracker - iCloud3 v2.2 has been released (10/10/2020)

@martoq You are running v2.2.0.08. The current version is 2.4.7. Also, this forum was closed a few years ago when v2.3 and then v2.4 was released. The link to the v2.4 forum is iCloud3 v2.4 - An advanced device tracker custom component that is integrated with the iOS App location monitor - #508 by gwp1

Use HACS to upgrade to the latest version

That’s very odd. HACS isn’t showing an upgrade. I will figure out what’s going on with my install and make sure it’s where it’s supposed to be. If I still have a problem after that I will move to that thread. Thank you for the assistance.

I got the version from the Event Log screen shot you posted a few minutes ago. You could also be running v2.4.7 but the Event Log is an old version. If so, clear your browsers cache and restart HA. The attributes of the device_tracker sensor will show what iCloud3 version you’re running and it’s also shown on the first line of the Event Log with the Configuration info.

The default is /www/custom_cards/icloud3-event-log-card.js. Also there is a configuration parameter that lets you change the default but that is not normally done. When iCloud3 starts, it looks at the version of the Event Log Card and copies the file from the iCloud3 directory to the directory it run from under the /www location.

On a phone or iPad, the cache is cleared from the Debug screen Reset Frontend Cache command. Then go back to iCloud3 and pull the screen down it refresh it. You should see a spinning wheel when it’s refreshing.

1 Like

So for anyone that had a similar issue to me, do a deep dive and determine where all the places you have the event js file installed. I had a latent file installed in several places and once I got rid of all of them as well as did a full reinstall I was good to go. I did have to configure a resource for the js card even though HACS created one. The HACS one didn’t see to work. Once I manually configured it per the install instructions everything was working as expected again.

Thank you all for the help on this one.