iCloud3 v3 iDevice Tracker - Version 3 Prerelease version is now available

@gcobb321
Thanks a lot for your answers. Eventually the event log showed up with nothing I changed

The Boolean input solution does not suit me because you have to manage the openings only to get the car out, like to take out the trash cans, for example.
I therefore imagined the creation of two zones to determine the direction of passage and open or not the gate but the time to recover the position of a zone seems quite large so difficult to manage with results that could be random.
I ask myself the question of continuing on this path; would it seem more relevant to turn to the voice command solution?

@Stives25
Take a look a at some example scripts and automations here. They may help figure out what you want to do.

@gcobb321 Great work on this mate! Probably my favorite (and most used) integration.

Quick question. I’m using this in “app free” mode (the HA app was eating my iPhone battery) relying on the FindMy location services. Is there a way to force precise GPS services? I have a relatively tight zone set up for my house and when I’m on the cell network my GPS location can bounce around with enough distance that it triggers my “away” actions. I’m trying to avoid using the HA app. Of course I can always make my home zone much bigger, but I’d prefer not too. Thanks! (I tried to work through the manual and didn’t find what I was looking for)

See gps_accuracy_threshold parameter info here

Thanks for this great integration.
My wife’s data is very strange and I don’t know where to look for a solution. Can you help me?
We were in the same place at the time indicated in the picture, but the data is completely different.

Lots of OldLoc Poor GPS in the log. But why hmm.

@edems88 those messages are from the location data returned from iCloud that it is old or with bad gps accuracy. Look in the Event Log to see what the data looks like. Select Event Log > Actions > Show Tracking Monitors for more info. Open the FindMy app and see where t the iPhones are and when they were last located. Make sure Sharing is set to Always in the FindMy app for all devices.

Hello thank you very much for creating this! I updated an icloud password the other day so I changed the password in the icloud3 section of my configuration.yaml file. I restarted Home Assistant and it showed in the notifications that I needed to request a code to type in. The code isn’t sent to any devices. How do I update the password? I tried looking through the documentation but there is just sooooo much info to dig through. Is there a simplified version with key points?

@STATERA Event Log > Actions > Reset iCloud Interface to get a new verification code. It’s the one at the bottom of the list

I tried to organize my icons / images in subdirectories (/config/www/pics/).
Directly in www I can adreess the jpg file by https://homer:8123/local/me.jpg

However in config_ic3.yaml this does not work: pics/me.jpg neither does /local/pics/me.jpg
(just a minor thing, but I thought I mention it)

I was able to get the verification code after another restart. I typed in the code but nothing happened. The iphone is still is not updating. Unfortunately I was never able to get the event log card working. Thank you for being so thorough with the documentation but it is a bit difficult to follow since there is a ton of info to dig through and it seems Home Assistant has changed a bit. I’m not very techy so it gets a bit confusing. Is there a simplified version with key points?

@STATERA
There is no simplified version of the docs. The next release will happen in December and it will simplify everything and the docs will be up to date. I’ll add you to my list of people who will be notified when the beta version is available and we can see if that is a lot easier for you to set up.

@STATERA
Go here to see the iCloud3 v3 docs. Skip to Step #3 for installation of the Event Log Resources and setup. It is up to date with HA.

I can’t find iCloud3 integration in HACS, do I need to add custom URL to show up?

@chintito4ever Its there. Type iCloud3 in the search box aren’t it will be listed. Select Integrations once you get to HACS.

i installed icloud 3through hacs, ive followed the steps in the guide up until 1.5. I have the card in the www/custom_cards folder. i have set my resource to /loca/custom_cards/icloud3-event-log-card.js and ive restarted and the card doesnt show up suggestions?

edit: side note i also wanted to add distance/time tracking is waze route calculator the same as waze travel time? thats the only one im seeing in integrations to install

@Kasek T
The resource statement is /local/custom_cards/icloud3-event-log-card.js
The one shown in the question has /loca/..., insteal of `/local/…’

Sorry that’s a typo on the post on the actual HA it was set as /local and I have double checked after seeing your message lol

@Kasek
Every time someone has this problem, it always turns out to be a typo in the directory name on the resources, the file is in another directory, the file name is typed wrong on the Lovelace card setup, there is a space at the beginning or end of the file name that was typed or copied, there is an underscore (‘_’) instead of a dash (‘-‘) in a name or something like that.

The resources looks correct. Check everything and copy the cables from the documentation rather than typing them.

Ok I got the card working, I wasn’t putting the sensor in. I saw it a few posts down from the first copied that and now I have the card will have to continue working on it after work.

I was wondering though is the waze route calculator the same as waze travel time?

If not I’m confused how to get the waze route calculator. I see the pip install WazeRouteCalculstir on the GitHub but no familiar with what to do with it. Thanks for the help so far!

Edit: is this right for the config recorder?

Hi, I have a situation where iCloud3 works well most of the time, but there’s one phone where the location gets ‘lost’ sometimes. The phone is probably going into low power mode and although Find My finds it and can see its location reliably, iCloud3 repeatedly says something like:

Discarded > OldLocation-(time) (#9), OldLocThreshold-1.5 min, GPS (wrong location, it says the device is at the home coordinates), NextUpdt-(in a little while), OldLocPoorGpsCnt-#9, DiscardCnt-#9

and so it goes on. Is there anything I can change so that iCloud3 picks up the location like Find My is doing?

Thank you.