iCloud3 v3 iDevice Tracker - Version 3 Prerelease version is now available

I think there is no “enter Verification code”

How often does Apple iCloud reverify this?

Yesterday, my iPhone showed as the last update was Yesterday. That’s very odd because the integration was working perfectly.

I opened the iPhone, launched the HA companion app, launched Maps. All while I was away from home. But it doesn’t trigger HA to update. No errors. I checked iPhone HA app, debug, it showed all proper updates.

I restarted HA, and I saw it asked icloud verification.

Is it probably because of that? Somehow HA lost verification and cannot get status from Apple iCloud?

After completing verification, until now, the update and next update states looks refreshed.

It’s on the iCloud Account Login Credentials screen.

It used to be on the Actions but must have been creating problems

Did a full “RESET AND REAUTHENTICATE ACCOUNT > Request a new Verification Code”
Lets see if this solved the issue.

1 Like

Add the entities to the recorder exclude list

In regards to stationary zones- “The purpose is to save battery life by requesting the devices location fewer times. Expecially when close to home.”

Wait, so are you saying phone battery will drain faster if I request location every 15 seconds? I thought the integration pulled data from ‘findmydevice’ api and not the phone :thinking:

Which entities?

And why is that has anything to do with not updating?

Sorry, I don’t quite understand the relation with my original question (about no status update).

click on “iphone next update” - go to settings to find the entity ID

in your config file add this

recorder:
exclude:
entities:
- binary_sensor.motion_sensor_bathroom_ias_zone (example)
- other entities

this will stop these entities from updating in the logbook

Ah that, yes thanks :pray: That was indeed my previous question. Yes, I added most of the entities in the recorder exclusion and it’s been great, no more clogging the logbook.

Anyone getting issues with the iphone_calc_distance calculation? Waze and google maps was saying I was 11 miles away from home yet myphone_iphone_calc_distance was saying 5 miles.

Calc distance is a straight line distance, like the crow flies. Waze is the over the road distance, like the crow rolling tire.

2 Likes

… Or as a drunk crow flies…

This is probably very stupid question for you, but I am struggling to start icloud.

I went to HACS, found icloud3 but there was no ption to install, just download, so I clicked that. I can see icloud3 component added to local directory, I have added path to log card, restarted ha but I nothing has happened.

What shall I do to run icloud3?

@MartinG the version on HACS is 2.4.7. It is not an integration and uses yaml to configure it. Docs for that version are here. Version 3 is in beta and should be released sometime this month. When it is ready for a full rollout, it will be available on HACS s as a new entry and a notice will be posted on this forum.

If you want to try the beta, see the notes and instructions here and here

Thanks for fast response.

After new versi on is out, shall I manually delete the downloaded files?

They will be overwritten by v3. No need to delete them

Also, the docs screen images are old and I hope to work on the docs this week.

Thanks.

Unfortunately its too complicated for me to set up, maybe some example of code needed to make it running would help, but now despite of reading through the documentation I am lost.

Original icloud is much easier to set up, but its very unreliable, thats why I was looking for alternative…

The docs contain examples of all of the screens. The iCloud Account Credentials and steps needed to add a tracked device to the iCloud 3 Devices screen also contain examples. I thought the step-by-step instructions were pretty clear but maybe not in your case.

The basics are the iCloud username/password on one screen then the devices you want to track on another. The defaults for the rest of the parameters work fine. There are some sample lovelace screens where you change the device name to your device. The Event Log is available and setting up the Lovelace resources is pretty much automated.

But if is too complicated, I understand. Yes, the HA iCloud is easier to set up but is limited in what it can do. Good luck.

I decided not to give up and I am reading once again setup procedure.

It says that there are minimal requirements to put into configuration.yaml one of which is exclude_sensors and example says this:
exclude_sensors: batstat,lzonn,lzont,name
What shall I put there? What are these example sensors?

@MartinG The iCloud3 Beta is almost ready to be released and it is a lot easier to install and set up than v2 from HACS. The link to this beta is here. Rather than go through the yaml install, I would install v3. The above link takes you to the Releases page with instruction on what to do next.

But to answer your question - that is just an example of what can be done to customize your sensors and does not need to be done on the first install. The codes represent sensors you do not want iCloud3 v2 to generate and the codes can be found in the iCloud3 v2 documentation.

1 Like