iCloud3 v3 iDevice Tracker - Version 3

One question regarding the Zone Distance. The Docu says:

„The distance from the base zone (i.e., home, office). This will be either the Waze distance or the calculated distance.“

When will either Waze Distance or Calculated Distance applied?
Is the Calculated Distance used when the Waze Distance can not be calculated based on the driving distance as i am in a area where cars are not allowed like in a forest?

Hi, I was wanting to switch to iCloud3 and was wondering if I should migrate to iCloud3_v2 or iCloud_v3.

Also, will there be an upgrade path from v2 to v3, or should I just install the v3 beta if I want to use v3 long term?

I would prefer to use HACS if possible but from what I understand, that is only available on v2.

iCloud3 submits a request to Waze Route Service. If it receives an error or no data back, it will calculate the distance.

1 Like

@alams154
iCloud3 v3 was submitted to the people that update HACS several weeks ago and I’m waiting for it to be added. I do not want to do a new release of the v2 version because I do not want 6700+ users to get an update notice all at once,

There is a migration if you have installed v3 but v3 is a lot easier to set up and configure. There are over 100 people that have downloaded beta 15 and it is very stable. The next release will be Release Candidate 1. There was one minor//rare update to the code and most if the change is in the Configuration Wizard to better request an Apple ID Verification Code.

I would download the zip file, create the /config/custom_components/icloud3 directory and unzip the file into it. The docs explain what to do and can be found here

Is it the beta 15 that you recommend downloading as ‘final’?

It’s really close to the final. There is one more that fixes a battery issue and adds a couple of things to the configuration Wizard. Here is the full change list.

Beta 16 -

1.  Event Log - Fixed a problem where the 'event-log-card.js file would not be installed if the 'www' directory
    did not exist. Now, the 'www'directory is checked and will be created if it didn't exist.
2.  inZone and Old Location - If a device not using the iOS App (Watch), was in a zone and the location data was
    old but newer than the last update, the device was not being updated with newer location data and would be
    stuck retring the update on a larger and larger interval, resulting in the device never being updated. This
    has been fixed so the device will always be updated with newer location data, even if that location is old.
3.  Event Log - Made some minor changes to device location status messages for consistance.
4.  Battery Level - Fixed a problem where an older iOS App battery level would overrite a newer FamShr battery
    level. Also added the update time to the Battery.
5.  Configuration Wizard - (1) Reorganizes the menu so all the screens dealing with the iCloud account, devices
    and sensors are on the first page and parameter configuration are on the second page, (2) Added an option
    to request a new Apple Verification Code on the Verification Code entry screen and made it an item on the 
    menu.  The iCloud interface is reset and the code request from Apple appears immediately.
3 Likes

Hello,

I’ve installed iCloud3 (V2.4) and it runs very well I think.
But I’m struggling with one point:
As soon as a sensored Device gets the state “Stationary” the associated Person.entity switches to “Home”.
Is this a normal behaviour of the person.entity? Or did I something wrong?

Thanks a lot!

available for download or 15 for now?

@C0mmanda
The HA Person takes the latitude/longitude position and matches it up with a zone at that location. It does not use the device_tracker state value. The Person also did not exist when v2.4.7 was last updated. Review the Person entities that it monitors and be sure you have the correct HA entities tied to the person. Look at the lat/long of the device_tracker entity for the device that goes stationary and see what zont they are in.

@Mobiledude
b16 is almost ready, one more thing to add. This fixes 2 or 3 minor bugs and improves the Apple Id Verification entry and request for a new one.

1 Like

Thanks for your info.
That’s pretty weird… the latitude/longitude is outside the “Home” Zone, the location is shown correctly at the map too but the Icon shows “Home” (see pic of Daisy).
The icloud3 device-tracker entity is the only tied to this person. (no Companion App installed, too).

With Companion device-tracker entity everything is fine… (see pic of mine, it’s the Icon for “Stationary”).

person
person1

@gcobb321

Hi, I just noticed the error message below in the Event log, which I assume has something to do with my with Icloud not authenticating. I have not changed my username/password in my IC3 configuration and so, I’m at a bit of a loss as to what this issue is… ( Current release is Version-2.4.0 (4/8/21) )

Any tips?

Icloud or the network ot your service provider was probably down. Not a problem unless it continues.

@gcobb321 Thanks for the response.

Can you refer me to some documentation where I can review how to set up my username/password in IC3, just in case that’s the issue?

Cheers

@bastero Click the question mark above Event Log > Actions. It will take you to the iCloud3 docs

Thank you Gary…, it’s been a while and I’ve forgotten most of what’s required to set IC3 up :wink:

I’m looking specifically for the Non-2FA setup which is what I believe got Icloud monitoring to work once upon a time.

@bastero
Juan. iCloud requires 2fa and iCloud3 supports it and checks for it. I don’t think it will not work without 2fa.

1 Like

@gcobb321
I’ve configured several zones.
Now i do not understand how i can change the primary zone as in my drop-down list is only home available?

Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-10 um 11.07.32

@smartmatic After You add the zones to HA, restart iCloud3 (Event Log > Actions > Restart iCloud3) to reload the zone info

I’ve restarted iCloud3 multiple times but i am not able to pick other zones.