Although there’s not yet something to share, I’m hoping that with the community’s input ill be able to have something to show-off soon.
So a buddy of mine who’s capable of crafting furniture, asked me to help him out to put together a smart couch / sofa and integrate into it every stupid idea we could come up with.
As a result I’m coming to you for help and brainstorm as to what we could integrate into a custom sofa.
Here’s what I have come up with so far:
- Integrate the two rear speakers of his surround system into the two edges of the couch
- Subwoofer(s) under the seats
- Bluetooth and wired audio / usb input capabilities to act as an independent speaker set and perhaps a radio capability
- Either Load cells that would be able to identify who’s sitting where (judging on weight) or a simpler solution, i found a project somewhere that uses simple pressure sensitive mats, which will only enable us to know if someone is sitting but without identifying who he is.
- That would work great with an automated TV swivel stand, but that’s another project…
- IR blaster to replace all the remotes (Possible RF transmitter too)
- Alexa / Google assistant integration (by using an echo dot or a google home, or are there some 3rd party speakers that can do both?)
Aesthetics / Comfort:
- Led strips around the lower ends of the sofa.
- We’re looking into seat heating / cooling tech that some cars use but we’re kind of lost on that (anyone can point out some tips?)
- USB ports hidden under the seats
- Qi Charger under the hand rests.
- Wifi repeater
- Temperature/ Humidity sensors
That’s what we came up so far.
Your input, comments, ideas or brainstorming would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Lastly, sorry if im not supposed to post this here, as it’s not a finished project, please let me know if i should post it elsewhere.