Identical MAC address on RPI4 installs

hi,

I installed home assistant OS using balena etcher and today’s version from url which is https://github.com/home-assistant/operating-system/releases/download/9.0/haos_rpi4-64-9.0.img.xz

Issue I face is that this one and my current install on another RPI4 now have the same MAC address on their eth0 and I cannot find where to change it. I read some instruction to change /boot/cmdline.txt and add a line to change it as per option 4 in Change Raspberry Pi MAC address - KaliTut but that did not work.

For now I have the new one on wlan so mac is different and reserving ip address on the router works, but I would prefer to have the wired eth0 working. It did seem to work by assigning a fixed ip in the network section in home assistant settings screen, but I’m afraid duplicate mac will cause trouble sooner rather than later.

Suggestions very much appreciated!
jhh

Solution seems to be: install ssh addon and then use following command to get the UUID:

> nmcli connection show
NAME              UUID                                  TYPE      DEVICE
Supervisor eth0   long-uuid-string-eth0                 ethernet  eth0
Supervisor wlan0  long-uuid-string-wlan                 wifi      wlan0

then following command to assign a new MAC:

> nmcli connection modify long-uuid-string-eth0 ethernet.cloned-mac-address new:mac:address

for now the new MAC survives reboot, power loss and getting ip assigned in router is working so that seems to be good.

Environment: Home Assistant 2022.9.6, Supervisor 2022.09.1, Operating System 9.0