iFan03 on ESPHome, working ! well...sort of

I’m sorry if I read you post wrong but am I correct in assuming by remote you meant the remote controller (a thing with physical buttons :joy:)?

That was a typo, Yes I meant Remote Controller, I fixed it above

1 Like

HI and thanks again for your time.

Sorry, if a fan used the same process for speed control (switching in caps) would it matter how many steps there were as far as Home Assistant was concerned? I mean, you could get an 8 way relay board and provide 8 (or more) speeds if you wanted (and still no need to introduce / be aware of any ‘percentages’)? Or have I misunderstood somewhere?

Re your reference to Relay 1.

eg. I initially assumed (dangerous I know) that the capacitors were switched in or out in linear sequence to provide the different levels of power to the fan (though a single stator winding and compared to any ‘run’ stator winding?) but if I understand you correctly, it may be that the switches may be more like R1, R2+R1, R3? to give Slow, Med and High?

So I would need the output of the selection of S/M/H to reflect that on the dashboard whilst there would be more combo-switching of the relays themselves (as per your slider actioned switching sequences)?

So the percentages make it easier to integrate more fans with multiple speed into one device category.

The relay settings you require for the speeds are as follows:
Slow Relay 1
Med Relay 1 and 2
High Relay 1 and 3

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Do I understand correctly that you are able to use the remote control while running ESPHome?

That is correct yes. the remote signals are at the bottom of the yaml file. They can be either used to control the iFan itself or used to control another device via the HA API.

My lights are completely detached from the iFan03 but I am still able to control the via the iFan Remote.

1 Like