IFTTT: Google Home device ID

I’ve gotten into Home Assistant lately, completely configured it to my liking, but I have one issue that I haven’t been able to crack.

I’m using IFTTT for custom commands, so I can say “Do X on Living Room TV”, I would greatly prefer having the option of just saying “Do X” and also receiving the ID of the Home device that got the command, so I can resolve that to a certain device in the same room (instead of having to say on which device at all times).

IFTTT doesn’t seem to have any way of sending back this information (which device got the command). Are there any alternative ways of setting custom commands for Google Assistant (other then IFTTT) that would also give access to the Device ID?

I have the Google Assistant integration all set up in Home Assistant, but that seems to only emulate unsupported devices in Google Home, not receive custom commands.

I’ve also looked into DialogFlow, but that seems to be more for conversations then custom commands. Did not look into Google Actions too much, except for what was needed there in order to get the integration in Home Assistant running.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like