IFTTT Webhook URL

Hi team

silly question. How do I find what the IFTTT webhook URL (for IFTTT to send webhooks to Home Assistant)? - I am not sure I noted the right URL when I set up the IFTTT integration.

I am trying to trigger an automation from IFTTT which doesn’t work. the payload seems to be OK when sending it from the developer tools, which leads me to believe that the URL may be wrong. It does not show up in the setting page of the IFTTT integration.

Many thanks, Ran

1 Like

http://your-home-assistant:8123/api/webhook/some_hook_id

Look here at webhook trigger

thanks - my issue is finding what my “some_hook_id” is :slight_smile: - any idea where it is listed or configured?

Cheers - Ran

so just to make sure we are on the same page:

I am trying to use the ifttt_webhook_received event trigger. this trigger requires IFTTT sending a webhook to a predetermined URL created when one sets up the IFTTT integration. This is the URL I am trying to find. (https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/ifttt/)

Are you saying I can use the native Webhook trigger instead? - would it work in the same fashion? - and I am right in saying that that for this to work, the webhook ID is the one that is used in the URL?

Thanks again, Ran

OK, so I ditched the ifttt_webhook_received event, and switch to a basic webhook trigger and all is well. just point IFTTT to the url ending with the trigger hook ID and all’s well.

the ifttt_webhook_received integration seems too complex for what it’s worth, especially considering that the URL for that cannot be retrieved.

Ran

Why not just delete the IFTTT integration and add it back?

I am still confused as to what it is that you are trying to achieve…

If you want to trigger an automation in HA from IFTTT via webhook, then you will need to insert the webhook url into IFTTT. You will need to create this url yourself based on what it says in the Automations docs…

If you want to send data to IFTTT from HA, then you don’t need to insert a webhook into HA, you simply need to make sure that the command is the same in IFTTT webhook aplet as it is in HA…

Have a look here: Boil my smart kettle from HA

what I wanted to do is trigger an automation in HA from IFTTT. What I don’t have is the URL, as it is not saved anywhere.

Yes, I can remove and recreate the IFTTT integration to get a new URL, but there must be a better way.

Using the ‘standard’ webhook trigger (as oppose to the to the ifttt_webhook_received event trigger) to trigger automation is working flawlessly and is much simpler to setup in the GUI.

so all is good, and if the ifttt_webhook_received event trigger and documentation are ever updated, I will look at using it again.

many thanks for your help and for pointing me to the webhook trigger.

Ran

I am running into the same thing too and I see the confusion here.

I’m fairly certain that Ranm is wanting to know where you obtain the original URL that was presented during IFTTT integration setup.
I am trying to recover that as well.

Where can we find that long string of numbers?

Thanks!

Brian

Howdy, I am a newbie to the scene of HA. I am enjoying the automation customizations and really all the data that HA provides to the consumer. Love having a view of battery life in the Overview.

I am also running into issues with the documented IFTTT integration. I am using the Nabu Casa cloud feature, I attempted Ran’s method of just using a webhook, which is what Nabu Casa also suggests (for webhooks in general). The IFTTT applet is not failing, but nothing is happening on the HA side of things.

@ranm, when you used the webhooks trigger, did you still put a payload into the IFTTT applet? If so, what did you put in the HA automation to recall that data? Also, I think the URL you were looking for back in the day is located in Configuration > Home Assistant Cloud > Webhooks section (located at the bottom).

Hope this helps anyone else with locating that damn URL. Any help on getting automation to activate on my end would be helpful.

Best,
Mike

Same question here… is there a way to look up the webhook URL after the initial config of the integration has been closed? I’m not using Nabu Casa cloud…

update: not sure if this is the best way, but I dug around in the /config dir and found what I was looking for… try running this command from ssh / console:

jq </config/.storage/core.config_entries '.data.entries|map(select(.data.webhook_id?)|{name: .title, id: .data.webhook_id})' 

you should get back a nice JSON response with your webhook IDs…

[
  {
    "name": "Twilio Webhook",
    "id": "dfb3345ae06..."
  },
  {
    "name": "Locative Webhook",
    "id": "e5820ebad83..."
  }
]
1 Like