IKEA FYRTUR block-out roller blind support

I have three attached to a Conbee, and they always work in unison. Very reliable. Even the button is fine.

The usual proviso of having a good Zigbee mesh is important

you change the value to 1 ?

i have exact the same problem i get no update on the position, i must manually press read in phoscon than its updated.

thats really a mess, why a basic feature not working?why must i spend hours of hours for a basic feature?

Hoping this is a sensible place to post.
I’m still pretty new to Home Assistant and (for my sins) have decided to try get my Fyrtur and remote added first

I’ve got everything added to my SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle and it works, but the response time on the blind is incredibly slow - i.e. I press the button and then it can take up to 40seconds (sometimes if at all) to respond to the press…

The machine is actually sitting right next to the blind at the moment (it wont be but as I say I’m just finished setting up), and i’ve run a test with the remote and a wifi lamp which turns on instantly, so it’s definitely the blind and not the remote.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
I’m using ZHA if it makes a difference

As a bonus aside - has anyone had any luck replicating the original function of the remote?
I tried setting up some automations where the condition was ‘if closing’ so that I could stop mid flow, but they don’t seem to be working… I did find a blueprint which worked with the long press but my wife is used to the old function where a press when it’s closing or opening will stop

Just posting to say sorry, i don’t have this issue. I have a Conbee II in ZHA and I would say the response is certainly slower than some of my other Z-wave and Zigbee devices but def not 40 seconds…

1 Like

Not sure about what exactly “Sonoff UZB” is - I couldn’t find the model, and Sonoff has a couple of different zigbee coordinators… anyways this is minor.

You probably read about this already… but I’d just say it again: The recommendations are to (a) use some usb extension cable so that you can move your sonoff around and away from your machine, and (b) make sure you are using a USB 2.0 port.

(In the beginning I was skeptical also, but it was night and day for me when I did both.)

I’m not using ZHA, but you should be able to update the firmware to your IKEA remotes and Fyrtur blinds - if not already.

After you solve the 40 sec delay thing, come back with codes and logs on your automation / blueprint / remote - details so that other people can offer help.

1 Like

Thank you.
I updated my post to highlight the device and yes I’m away from the device
I’m certain it’s not an issue at the HA end since every other zigbee device works ‘instantly’

Maybe it’s a firmware thing… bit of a n00b question but can I ask where the firmware update is in HA? I’m not seeing it in the device page

EDIT: Bit of googling and found this so will try (1) How to update your IKEA or Ledevance firmware with ZHA : homeassistant (reddit.com)

EDIT2: Hit a roadblock with that - have posted here Issue updating Ikea firmware in ZHA - #5 by vaderag

Hi,

I’m planning on getting FYRTUR blinds and have yet to decide if I want to go with the IKEA hub or get a zwave stick. Are they fully supported with the IKEA TRÅDFRI integration?

Thanks!

They’re Zigbee, so don’t get a Zwave stick :wink:
But I can say the Ikea Hub (at least the old one) was rubbish - I’m personally having some issues with direct connection, but I would imagine that they would be much better direct under normal circumstances

1 Like

Still going strong on my end with Ikea hub after having some issues with ZHA a year ago. I’ve since moved to a Sonoff and MQTT2Zigbee but have no reason to switch as hub integration works perfectly for me.

Out of interest were the ZHA issues you were seeing anything like I’m experiencing above?

I had no idea that one would have to jump through hoops to get OTA firmware upgrades going under ZHA. I hope things would get better in the future.

Under zigbee2mqtt, just for reference, OTA firmware upgrades are done via GUI.

And then when a new FW is found, the blue button would become red. Here’s some visual of the update process starting 6:00… (it’s in German, but you can do subtitle and then auto-translate the subtitle in YouTube.)

Hmm… Very tempted to give zigbee2mqtt a go while I still have very few devices connected

Is there a simple process to transfer?
Presumably I need to remove all my current devices and then re-add under zigbee2mqtt, but what about the controller?

I’m sure there are ways to migrate from ZHA to z2m, and you can even migrate from one coordinator to another.
Migrating ZHA to the Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle plus without annoying data loss » The smarthome journey
Backup and Migrate Your Home Assistant Zigbee Network! - YouTube
Improve Zigbee network performance and stability with these 3 tips - YouTube

But then, if I were you, I’d just start from scratch and re-pair everything, since we are not talking about 50 or something zigbee devices.

On the other hand, with Yellow coming out, I’d expect ZHA would get better and better over time, with full attention from the dev team. And I have seen people here choose to stay with ZHA because of this.

So it’s a coin toss. Just my 2 cents on what I know, not trying to convince you going one way or another.

1 Like

Interesting to know - maybe I wont move then!
OOI, why does Yellow make a difference? Thought it was just pre-packaged hardware?
At this stage I’m undecided but figure while i’m still setting up now is the time to play!

ALomst tempted to give zigbee2mqtt a go just to update the firmwares and go from there!

@vaderag of course Zigbee - I already have ZWave - must be the heat getting to me :wink:
@chadbaum so you can recommend going this way?

I mean I can always try with the Hub and if it doesnt work use a Zigbee Stick, right?

I also had this inverted percentage problem. This was perplexing since I have two FYRTUR shades and only one starting having this problem, and I didn’t change anything on the software side. Eventually I realized that somehow the shade rolled around the top the wrong way. I closed the shade to the max and it seemed to fix itself, but one can also physically move the bottom weight through the top and pull it down the other side.

No, when I was using ZHA, I had issues with it triggering the blinds at all, not necessarily the speed in which it did so. Although the hub integration probably works faster too than ZHA did for me.

My personal experience was that 1 year ago ZHA was very unreliable for me, and I tried about everything I could to make it better. I had to use automations that triggered the blinds twice after a few seconds pause to get something close to a functional experience, but it was only 90% reliable.

I’ve used the hub integration for a year and I’ve had zero issues. No downtime, automatic updates to firmware, and 100% reliability.

I can’t speak to whether the ZHA situation is better now or if it works more reliably on Z2M with a Sonoff. I was using a HUSBZB-1.

For $30 or whatever, I’d recommend just buying the hub and seeing if it works. You can always return it.

Just to add my experience here.

I’ve just switched to Zigbee2MQTT and have found the the blind works far better than it did with ZHA.

There is a small possibility that this is because I did a firmware update which I couldn’t get to work under ZHA, but overall Z2MQTT is proving a little more reliable

Hi. Late to this party, but to report my own experience (2x fyrtyr + Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 + Z2M)

I found the initial config pretty hellish, and reported on this forum a month or two ago.

During this bumpy ride, I did encounter extremely long delays in response. USB cable extender definitely helped, and while I did not systematically test it, I feel as if the Ikea repeaters (which I didn’t bother plugging in until late in my install) improved response as well. Give that a try.

Alexis

1 Like